As promised...a little late
So, I spent all of last week with some of my girlfriends at the little beach house where David, Maggie and I stay in North Myrtle Beach. I know I said that the week with David and Maggie is my favorite one of the year, but I don't know, the week with the girls might be tied with that one. We had SUCH a good time. I don't even really know how to describe it other than a week of relaxation, eating, reading, talking and laughing and flat out fun. Our beach house, the Little Acorn, has a large screened in front porch with 4 rocking chairs and a large fan so we spent many an hour out there, chatting and busting a gut laughing. There is no schedule whatsoever, so if you want to get up and eat a toaster strudel for breakfast and then go back to bed, it's allowed. If you want to watch reruns of "Ellen" every morning, that's allowed, too. If you want to wait until 2 o'clock in the afternoon to go to the beach and then return in 30 minutes because it's too windy, it's okay. If you want to eat cake and ice cream, a Krispy Kreme doughnut and some french round crackers and then go out to dinner, you can. (I did that one). The only rule we have at the Little Acorn is, "NO judging." Whatever you want to do, you will not be judged for it.

Another thing I love about the Little Acorn is sharing a bathroom with 4 other girls. I guess we are really all women but I feel like I'm about 20 when I'm at the beach house so I'll stick with girls. Well, I don't really enjoy the fact that there is only 1 toilet because when 5 people have all had enough fried food at once, sometimes you like some privacy. But what I DO enjoy is the shower! I love to have some product variety in the shower. Look at all of these choices! I think I used my own shampoo one time while I was at the beach because there was so much to choose from! I love product. It is one of my reasons for living.

I always get fooled by evil aerosol sunscreen and think it's a good idea and end up missing oh, my ENTIRE LEG when I use it. So I used the Coppertone SPF 50 sunscreen that I bought at BIG LOTS. For $2.50! Can't beat the prices at Big Lots. Kimberly and Leslie used that disgusting "sunscreen" tanning oil and fried their legs. Every year, Kimberly wants to get a base tan, which means burning herself up and then complaining about her sunburn. Also, the tanning oil made the sand completely stick to their legs and EW. Sand. I hate it.
So, to Reagan, Leslie, Juli and Kimberly: I'm already counting down the days until next summer.

6 comments:
Me, too!
Reagan
Oh Alison, I SOOOO want to be your IRL friend!! LOL What a heavenly week! I love love love all the shower products, the outlet shopping and the no judging rule!!
What fun - I'm so glad you all take the time each year to do this, what a wonderful thing for all of you!!!!
Alison, what an awesome 2 weeks you had. I'm having a little beach envy over here!
I hope when you were in Calabash you ate at the Seafood Hut. Kind of a greasy looking hole in the wall, but yummy and worth braving the wait!
Pam
Ok. I had to totally laugh at your "Sand. I hate it."
Sounds like a MAH-VAH-LUS time.
:)
I love Callahans! We go to Sunset Beach each year and devote an entire evening's entertainment to browsing. Ian usually buys me a jewelry gift and then we go over to the Calabash Creamery for some amazing ice cream. If you haven't been there yet you should add it to your list of places to hit on next year's trip!
I'm glad you had a great time with your friends ~ nothing like a girl's getaway!
Kimberly always tells us what a terrific time your gang of five has at the Acorn. It's a wonderful tradition that you'll cherish all the more in the years to come. I'm not sure about your magazine selections -- no Car & Driver, no Golf Digest -- but I'll grant that its pretty much appropo to the group. Thanks for your post, Allison.
Bob & Cindy
Post a Comment