Okay, I need to not see Tony's face when I look at my blog so I am going to add a new post. I don't have much to write about at the moment but I'm sure I can think of something. I think I shall make a list of fun things that people should know about me.
1. I lost 1.6 lbs this week. I even ate almost an entire box of Samoas as well so, go metabolism! :)
2. I have a crick in my neck from sleeping weird in the car on Sunday on the way home from the beach. It sometimes makes me nauseous it hurts so much. I am scheduled for a 60 minute massage tomorrow at the gym. YEAH! I cannot wait for 5:00 tomorrow.
3. "Lost" is my new favorite TV show. Of course, I do not ever see it on Wednesday as I am at choir. David bought season 1 on DVD and it is SO good.
4. I watched "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" last night. It was very good. Good book also.
5. For my students' 4th quarter book reports, they are going to read a book that has a movie based on it, then watch the movie. I think that will be fun. They are doing presentations this quarter and I am requiring them to dress up. I can't wait for presentation day. One boy is reading "Ella Enchanted." Can't wait for that one.
6. I had to wear my glasses to school today because I ran out of contacts. Ugh. I hate wearing my glasses. They are not strong enough and I feel like I'm in a fog all day. Thankfully, my contacts came in the mail today.
7. I have a baby shower this weekend, hosted by my sister in law, Erin. A bunch of school friends are coming, plus my mom and Pam. I'm excited.
8. Mom and Dad gave me a glider for Maggie's room. I like to go in there and sit in it and hold one of her dolls. Not like I'm a weirdo or anything. It's just really soft. Cousy thinks it's his toy because it has a rattle in it.
9. I have not finished writing thank you notes from the last shower. I ran out of stamps and I don't have some addresses.
10. My NAL team gave me $50 in movie theater gift certificates and an $80 Babies R Us gift card today for the end of the season. How awesome is that?
11. I ate Cookout for dinner tonight for the first time since January 1. It was delicious.
12. I am currently reading "Prom" by Laurie Halse Anderson. Kid book. I love kid books. They are much more fun than grown up books.
13. One of my friends at work told me that the high chair that we picked was not very safe and after researching it, I think I might agree. Krystil helped me select a different one. She was very methodical in her research. Plus, we liked the bright blue aquarium chair. See it at Babies R Us. We did not like the boring tan chairs. There was also a scary spiderlike one that we disliked. Krystil thinks that a spiderlike high chair coming after you would be a scary nightmare. We picked a different one at Target, partially because they didn't have the aquarium chair and partially to give people options. Options are always good.
14. I am wearing a turquoise corduroy shirt and cool khaki pants tomorrow with Birkenstocks. I need to go iron it but I don't want to. The pants are very long. They are also rather big since I have lost 8.6 pounds!!!!!
15. I do not have to play piano for the children's choir tomorrow night. I'm kind of glad. I don't know where my piano music is anyway. I think I left it in my box in the choir room. I am also glad that I do not have to play for them since my massage is scheduled for the same time.
16. I have a Zits calendar on my desk here at home. It's hilarious. I have a rather inappropriate BadCat calendar on my desk at school. I have to hide it in my filing cabinet when it's too risque as some of my students do not know anything about boundaries and have no qualms about opening my desk drawers. I also have a Far Side wall calendar in my classroom AND a small kitty calendar. I love calendars. This year's Far Side calendar is not very funny.
17. I like to look at peoples' queues on Netflix. My friend Meredith has the weirdest movies on hers. I bet she and David could have a good time watching weird movies together. I meant to email her about this fact today but I forgot. School is rather distracting at times.
18. I had to go observe a first year teacher today. I had trouble reading the board, due to the glasses issue. I think I'm glad I'm not a student because I bet it's really boring. I guess school was boring when I was there but I don't really remember. I just remember talking a lot.
19. My friend Luella missed school today and will miss tomorrow because her boyfriend is here. I would like for her not to miss anymore school. There's a line of clothes at Target named after her. We agreed that they are extremely hideous and are possibly doing a disservice to her name.
20. A kid brought brownies today for the NAL party we had after school and I ate like 5 of them during my planning period, plus offered them to a lot of teachers. They were very delicious. I got a cake at Costco with the thickest lard icing. It was pretty good. It weighed a ton.
That is all for now, I think. I will be glad to see this when I log on and not some picture. Well, I think I'll add a picture at the end of this interesting entry.
This is Leslie and me trapped by stupid No Child Left Behind at the Dept of Education in Washington this summer. I'll add that it was like 800 degrees on this day.
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yo B! I dig this post, you should make it a weekly habit or something. Find a catchy title with some alliteration or something like that. (I realize that you are an English teacher, if I f'd up the useage of that word, or the spelling, pretend you didn't see it!).
Cakes- you are a dork-o-rama
-Love Me
Post a Comment