Tuesday, July 18, 2006

$300 later and I'm ready to go to China!

Oh, I had some fun this weekend. Spending money and buying baby stuff are two of the most fun things ever. Let me set the stage. Friday--Barb and I went shopping. First we went to lunch at this little Italian place which was super yummy. I love penne with vodka sauce. LOVE IT! Then we headed on to the mecca of baby stuff--Babies R Us. It was REALLY fun! I needed another car seat for David's car so we headed there first. I found one that I liked and was told it cost $79. Sounded like a good deal so into the cart it went. Then we poked through all the formula, snacks, baby food, etc. Maggie has some organic rice cereal and organic oatmeal waiting for her along with some single serve packs of formula. Very cool. Then we walked through toys and Maggie scored a touch and feel book about the farm. Then we went to the clothes section. Holy cow. I could have dropped a ton of money there. I got some onesies in a smaller size for her and Barb picked out a dress and a little flowered romper. I feel like she got some more stuff but I can't remember. I got a bottle with butterflies on it because I wanted it. Maggie has about 80 bottles that Erin gave me. (slight exaggeration there) Then when we went to check out, the carseat was $179. A little different. So I had to pack all my junk back into my buggy and go back to the carseats. Barb helped me pick out a more affordable one which you can see over at my Flickr page. Then I went to see "Pirates of the Caribbean" with her and David's dad and then we went to Brixx for pizza. Super fun day!

Saturday, Kimberly and I headed to Walmart to get some more incidentals. Maggie got some pants and shorts from the clearance rack, sunglasses, and a toy piano, a toy cell phone (both very annoying toys). I also got some swim diapers for her which are very ugly. They have Ariel from "The Little Mermaid" on them and as you can see in the picture, you are going to be able to see Ariel through her cute little bathing suit.

Guess that's the price you pay when you're not potty trained. I am also a little concerned that her swim diaper is going to hang out the top of her bathing suit. That thing looks gigantic in comparison to the suit.
The next picture is some of the junk Kimberly and I bought at Wally World. We are taking an entire pharmacy, in case you can't tell. We will be prepared for any illness!!!

This is the pit that Maggie's room is turning into. Gosh, babies need a lot of stuff. Why is that? It sure is fun to buy it all, though.

This is Lily, the bunny that I made for Maggie at Build a Bear. She is so soft! Gotta love the Hello Kitty PJ's and slippers. When you make a stuffed animal there, you get to stuff it, then you get a little stuffed heart that you rub on your forehead for wisdom, rub on your heart for love and then make a wish for whoever is getting the bear. Then the heart is stuffed inside and the animal is sewn up. THEN, you get to pick out clothes! Very fun.

Here's David. He's unenthused about the packing. He's also mad at the cats because he caught them sitting in the car seat.

3 comments:

Jon said...

Yep, unenthused is right! You guys are great birth control, we cannot afford a baby yet!!! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

HA! That picture of David is HILARIOUS. (nice crotch shot, btw)

I hope there's something left to shop for when I'm there. More burp cloths, maybe? I hear you can't have enough burp cloths!

What, no picture of the ADORABLE dress from Auntie M? Hee.

Anonymous said...

Never mind - I saw the photo of the dress on Flickr. :)