Coolness. Personified.
When I was a kid, my best friend Meredith and I used to take turns singing Christmas carols to one another out of this big book of songs that my mom had. Why did we do this? We were cool, obviously. I mean, don't most elementary aged kids typically do stuff like that? Well, my coolness has continued with my introduction to iPod karaoke.
Last week, I was at the beach with 4 friends from college. This is the 3rd year in a row that we've spent the week together in North Myrtle Beach, SC. A typical beach week with us involves: sleeping late, grudgingly putting on sunscreen and going to the beach for a few hours, getting in the ocean and somebody (Leslie) thinking she sees or feels something out there, running for shore screaming like actors in a horror movie, reading, eating, shopping, laughing, sitting on the screened in porch and basically having a REALLY good time. Leslie told us about iPod karaoke which she learned about from her cousin. Basically, you put on the iPod headphones, turn it up REALLY loud so you can't hear yourself and pick a song and belt it out for your audience. Reagan had, inexplicably, "God Bless America" by Celine Dion on her iPod so we ALL took a turn at singing it. It was SO funny. You really must go over to iTunes and check out the clip of the song. It's probably on Amazon too. I have since downloaded it as well because to be honest, it rules. Actually, Celine Dion rules, overall. If I won the lottery, I would go to Vegas to see her show.
Anyway, we were sitting out on the front porch singing away and I noticed a golf cart had pulled up at the corner. The occupants were enjoying our concert because they sat there for a long time. Actually, Juli was singing extremely loudly at that time so they were really enjoying HER concert. I thought I was an okay singer but, UGH! I could hear my voice cracking all over the place. Leslie also selected "Take on Me" by a-ha for me to sing which was very pleasant. Reagan told me to be quieter when I was singing "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" because she could hear me all the way in the bathroom. Guess a singing career is not in my future. If the church choir only knew.
On the adoption front, I always sort of wondered about people who packed their suitcases over and over, getting ready for their trips. The last time I went to Europe, I packed the night before I left and then I ended up wearing the same 3 pairs of capri pants for the entire 2 week trip. Well, there is a suitcase sitting in Maggie's room right now (from my trip to the beach) and I have already started putting junk in it. I think there's too many baby clothes in there already. I've been washing all of Maggie's clothes, new and hand me downs. It's a lot more fun to wash baby clothes than it is to wash big people clothes.
We have sent off info relating to travel and visas. I need to make a bunch of copies of our dossier.
Okay, tomorrow. Here's my plan. Go visit 2 daycares. Call some pediatricians. Mail Maggie's care package. I got some stuff together for that. She is getting: a teether, a baby doll, a blankie, and a photo album (I need to find some pictures for that). I have a camera and some Jolly Ranchers for the nannies. Yuck, I do not want to do all of that.
That is all for now, I guess. My stress level has lowered quite a bit since last post. Thank goodness.
1 comment:
"'Twas the niiiight before Chriiistmas--GROSS!"
You forgot to mention that we didn't just sing to each other; we TAPED ourselves singing to each other. The pinnacle of cool.
iPod karaoke sounds pretty freakin' awesome. I think we will have to do that when I come visit. Your neighbors will move away when they get a load of my singing voice.
You sound very organized and You Have A Plan. Now you can check things off, one by one. I LOVE doing that. Although I am also a crazy freak.
Post a Comment