Friday, July 21, 2006

Whatever

Some general thoughts on stuff:

There is some rumor swirling around that TA's are going to be delayed due to the CCAA's move. The CCAA has been moving for like a year. What are those people doing? Anyway, if this rumor is indeed true, we may not travel until September. I am choosing not to believe that rumor because then I would have to start school and THEN leave. I have been avoiding the stupid Back to School area in Target like the plague. Well, sort of. I walked through it today but I did not look at anything. I usually love school supplies. Because I was denied everything as a child, I have about 80 million pens at school. Plus at least 100 post it notepads. Because those are essential. Anyway, I would not get my baby until September, which is unsatisfactory. Plus, I would have no time to plan her first birthday party. And really, that's what's important, right? David has already nixed all the stuff that I liked at Birthday Express plus he said that Maggie will not care one bit about her 1st birthday. Well, she might.

I ironed all of Maggie's clothes tonight. Well, a lot of them. It seems rather pointless to own baby clothes that get wrinkly but most of them were handmedowns so it's not like I bought them. Gymboree stuff, while cute, gets wrinkled if you look at it wrong.

We're watching "Grey's Anatomy" and if Cristina does not stop talking about a surgical procedure called a Whipple, I'm going to scream. That is a stupid word. I watched this episode last week on DVD anyway. That show is really good.

I went to the pool with a friend and her daughter this week and I seriously thought I was going to combust into blue flames. It was SO HOT. I cannot stand the heat. Of course, I'm going to the pool again tomorrow. But Kimberly and I are going in the morning because we are old and our delicate constitutions cannot handle the midday NC heat. Then we are going to get blended mochas, which are totally worth the stomachache they give me.

I think I have an ovarian cyst. I need to call my gyno tomorrow. But ugh. After the 1000 fertility procedures, I do not ever want to go back to the gynecologist again. I have allowed my body to do its thing this year so perhaps it's time to go back on some medication. Of course, the day we sent our dossier to China was the day I got my period for the first time ever, on my own, with no medication. The female reproductive system is a complete mystery to me. I read something online that described the 2 functions of the ovaries. My ovaries' functions are to sleep and laugh evilly at medication aimed in their direction. Not that I care that much anymore but infertility is something that I think will sting just a little bit for the rest of my life.

Like I said up above, I went to Target today. I cannot allow myself to buy another article of clothing for Miss Maggie. She has entirely too many clothes already. I did buy her some diapers and this thing called a Diaper Duck that has smelly trash bags for toxic diapers. The duck is really cute. It has curly eyelashes. Meredith asked me how we were going to get all of Maggie's junk to China plus clothes for us. I told her that perhaps Maggie will be forced to hang out in just a diaper the whole time we're there. That will prepare her to live in the South, at least. I should probably rub her bare feet all over the floor so they get all black and dirty, too. We call that "Bi-Lo feet." M and I also decided that I should not take my running shoes to China so I will be taking Tevas and flip flops. I wore my running shoes 1 day in New York last summer and my feet felt like they were turning into charcoal because they were so hot. I had to buy flip flops while we were there. My feet are either freezing or burning up. Neither is pleasant.

This year will be my 10th year of teaching. TENTH. I cannot believe that. That sounds like an awfully long time to me. I get a raise this year called longevity pay because I have slogged it out this long in the trenches of a gigantic school system that is too big to be entirely effective. But I still like it. Well, I like my school, my co-workers and usually my students.

Alright, that is all for tonight. Sorry I do not have any other exciting news to report.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God, this cracked me up so many times. I love how you write EXACTLY how you talk. After I read your entries, I feel like we've just had a phone conversation.

The September travel is COMPLETELY unacceptable. WHAT IS WRONG OVER THERE?? What is going on in China?? Why? WHY all the delays?

Mofos.

Also: I am very impressed that you ironed baby clothes. Do you iron your sheets too? And t-shirts? Hee.

Jon said...

China is communist, nothing works quickly, Grey's is the best show ever, do you give a shout out to your cousin on her first spontaneous unplanned period? Reading that feels like we just got off the phone. NC heat sucks, thats all I got to say 'bout thayat.