Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dammit, this is the 3rd time I've written this

Blogger keeps kicking me off. STUPID Blogger! I'm going to destroy it. Okay, let's try this one more time. Yesterday, while I was wandering around Target (I hadn't been in a week, okay?), I began to feel the PRESSURE of having a kid. What if I pick the wrong napkins for her birthday party? What if they're not specifically for a first birthday? What if the plates don't match the napkins? What if I get her the wrong birthday present? Incidentally, she's getting the Little People school bus from us. Its name is BEEPS. How funny is that? Plus, while I was looking at Google images, I realized that Jeff and I totally had the 70's version of the Little People school bus. Awesome. I think ours only had white people on it though and did NOT include a wheelchair. Maggie's bus is multicultural. Her farm Sonya Lee will have to ride the bus too, though. I wanted to get her the farm but it was too expensive. The doors on the farm that Jeff and I had mooed when they were opened. Again. Awesome. Anyway, the pressure. I do not feel the pressure about daycare or doctors. But picking out a kind of diaper? Pressure. Too many decisions!!!!! Argh!

Today I went to lunch with some people from school at Fuddrucker's. I used to think that place was really gross and I hadn't eaten there since college but mmmmmmm! It was very good today. The purpose of this is to say that a group from the daycare where Maggie will be going was there and I was AMAZED at how well-behaved the kids were. Yeah, they were probably about 5 or 6 but still. There was no screaming or running around. They all sat there, talking and laughing and eating their burgers. Then they all got cookies. So, yay. Maybe Maggie has a field trip to Fuddrucker's in her daycare future and will get cookies. I did not get cookies today....because......

I think I spent more time NOT at school today than at school. Krystil and I left pretty soon after we got there to go to the post office and to go to CVS. We pondered the Plug-in selection and then decided that we needed a TON of candy. I mean a ton. We bought Twix, Reese Cups, Mounds, Hershey's, KitKat, dark chocolate Ghiradellis plus 2 kinds of Goldfish. I also thought I wasn't going to be doing any work today and bought a People which I have not even read yet! Then I came back and organized Krystil's bookcases and left for lunch. Then I came back to school and left again to get my hair cut (which David DID NOT EVEN NOTICE) and returned in time for a meeting. I am a slack employee.

Tomorrow is our travel conference call with AWAA. I have stupid open house so I am going to miss it. Argh! Nah, I'm not too mad about open house. I know I will see ALL of my students from last year. That's 1 good thing about teaching 7th grade. They're not just gone forever at the end of the year. David is in charge of taking notes. We haven't even gotten our travel itineraries, which I find a little annoying, so I can't imagine what we are going to discuss.

I am debating the merits of packing my pajama pants to wear on the place once we are flying high. I think that would make an 18 hour flight more bearable plus I will not be hopelessly wrinkled when we arrive. Like that's something I've ever been worried about. And thank goodness they have relaxed the chapstick rule. I was really sweating that one. Seriously.

And finally, David thinks this would be a good costume for Maggie for Halloween.

Um, NO.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Don't you just hate it when the DH "doesn't even notice" your new do.! I hope the travel meeting goes well and DH take good notes. :-) I'm looking forward to following your journey esp since we are using the samae agency.

Anonymous said...

almost time to go!!!!