Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Quasimodo, ya think?

Image removed

This is what greeted me this morning when I awakened. Nice, huh? Well, actually it started last night so I went ahead and called in sick for today. I wish I didn't have so many problems with my eyes. If I wasn't slightly suspicious of the whole LASIK procedure, I'd go get it done right now. I got up at my regular time though and farted around until I could call the doctor. I got an appointment easily enough and was told that I had a run of the mill eye infection. Duh. A $50 bottle of eye drops later, I was all better. Mostly. I still have to wear my glasses for a week. Thank goodness they are not gigantic saucers like my old ones and I can actually see out of them.

On to other, less unpleasant topics. And I think I shall remove that picture after a couple of days. It's very unattractive. Well, today when I went to pick Miss Maggie up at daycare, she was about to steal a corn popper from another kid and the teacher told her that he was playing with it. She then started rubbing the kid's back like, "I wasn't doing anything, lady! See, I'm a nice girl." Heh. The teacher also told me that it was Maggie had had a poop-tastic day. So sorry I missed that. She said that the baked beans she had at lunch yesterday must not have agreed with her. Um, she had baked beans at dinner last night too. HA! Her teacher did not actually say poop-tastic; that was all me. We went to get coffee today where Maggie was the official greeter and waved at everyone who came through the door. She is such a ham. Guess we need to teach her about stranger danger!

Yesterday I had a teacher workday so David and I decided I would take Maggie to school in the morning and he would pick her up in the afternoon. David is going to Pittsburgh in a couple of weeks for the UNCC vs. Duquesne basketball game so I am going to be reponsible for getting Maggie to and from school while he's gone. I'm going to have to get up at like 4:30 so I can get everything done and get her to school so I won't be late for work! Argh! Actually my mom and dad are coming to help me out but I'm still going to take Maggie to school once or twice since we have to pay for it whether or not she's there.

I have added a couple of blogs to my list over there. The Fireworks and Fireflies one is a couple from near here who are going to China next week to meet their baby. She is also from Lianjiang SWI and they are calling her Kylie. She's really cute.

Well, I think it's time for a series of pictures now, don't you?

Are you doing this AGAIN, Mom? Perhaps if I duck down, she won't see me.

Well, if you're going to do this, at least wait until I fix my hair.

Yes, this is my ear.

I hereby decree that all food shall be in nugget form only!

Made in China? Isn't anything made in the US anymore??

Nuggets bounce! More fun for me!

Mom, these peas are not nuggets. I'm not eating them.

I have so much to do before bed.

I've just about had it with this photo session.

Hmm. How am I going to get out of here? Stupid tray's in my way.

I bet I can get through this little hole if I hold my breath.

I give up.


And finally. The world's most uncooperative baby with the world's best kitty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love your captions. Too funny!

Jon said...

Look at all that maggie hair!!!! I miss you guys so much. I thought Justin was bringing sexy back, but I think you bring it by the case with that look, Notre Dame called, they want their hunchback back. I cannot wait for the Pittsburgh trip, I bought my plane tickets the other day. Oh yeah, I think you should copyright pooptastic as a term, it will be all the rage among middle schoolers in 2011.