Monday, February 05, 2007

5 months

First, I have a terrible cold. Either thanks to my sweet daughter or the horrible children I teach who cough without covering their mouths. I taught all day today and sounded like a frog. I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow because I have another full day of teaching coming up. I was going to borrow one of David's coach's whistles but none of them are here at home. Argh.

In news about Maggie, she has begun to say a few things other than "kitty." On Saturday, we were looking at her little photo book and I asked her where Daddy was. She pointed to my dad and I told her that that was Grandpa. She said, "Ba pa?" It was awesome. My dad said that he was going to send a thousand dollars to Maggie on Monday. heh. Then this morning I was getting her dressed and I said, "Good girl" and she repeated "goo gir." It's so cool to see her learning to talk. She was in a very good mood today (until I started digging in her nose after putting her in the carseat). She was yelling and kissed her teacher good bye. Then her daily sheet blew away in the parking lot so I don't know anything about her day. She dumped out a bowl of goldfish three times this afternoon and finally, we just ate them off the floor. Oh yeah, and we introduced her to the Lawrence Welk show on Saturday night which she enjoyed immensely. She especially liked the tap dancer and the accordion player. Let me just say that I have NEVER ever watched that show before. I'm not totally lame. She woke up at 3:27 last night, sobbing, for lack of a better word. I got up and rocked her for a while. I could tell she was having trouble breathing and when I laid her back down in the crib, she was having none of that. I picked her back up and felt around in the bathroom for the nose sucker. I was trying to do everything in the dark so I wouldn't wake her up anymore than she was already awake. I sucked a ton of junk out of her nose and felt around in the kitchen cabinet for her "bad for you" nose spray. (that's what we called Afrin in college--and no, she's not using Afrin). I dosed her up on that and finally decided to put her in our bed because it was already after 4 at that point. When I walked into our room, she started laughing like, "This is what I wanted in the first place. I knew I would get my way." She thrashed around and kicked me in the back and I was about to go sleep in her crib but then we finally all fell asleep. My alarm started going off at 5:20, as usual, but I ignored it. It's the radio not some obnoxious siren or something. Finally, David woke me up at 6 so I got up, showered, turned on the TV and turned on the lamp on my dresser. Miss Maggie did not budge. I was about to do Thrashy Wake on her, Dad. But she eventually woke up.

Remind me to pack this for the next time we go see Grandma and Grandpa.

I think my reds are clashing.


Today Maggie wore an outfit that one of David's high schoolers picked out for her. She looked mighty cute.


Hello, yes? I'd like to place an order, please.

Wait a minute, which part do I talk into?

On hold AGAIN!

Oh! I got through! A real live human!

Ah, cell phones. A wondrous invention of man. How I love thee.

4 comments:

Tigger said...

Oh my goodness how Maggie is changing. Where did the baby go? It really is amazing how fast they change. It will only be a few more months until they tell us no and really mean it! Love your blog, thanks for keeping us up to date on everything Maggie!

Love,

Brooke, Jeff and Emma

Anonymous said...

That outfit is terminally cute. Her hair has already grown like two inches even since we were there!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!!! I love the outfit (and the ice cream cone Robeez!)

Jon said...

Nice Pajama pants mom. How cute she is... love her so!