The Dumbest Mommy in the World
AND
equals
So, Maggie pitched a royal fit yesterday when I wouldn't let her hold my car keys in the car. Because I needed them to drive home, you know. So I gave her my work keys to hold onto. Stupid me didn't even think about the Sharpie that was attached to my work keys. The next thing I see in the rearview mirror is her with the lid off, taking a big old swipe across her cheek. Thankfully, a good scrubbing with a baby wipe and she was all better. I still felt dumb.
I went to the doctor today and I have an ear infection. My delicate 32-year-old constitution cannot handle the superbugs that Maggie encounters at daycare. I can teach all my grody little 7th graders but 1 year olds are taking me down. Also, my eye is infected again, due to the ear infection. All the ducts or something are connected. EWWWWWW. That is sick. I have some amoxicillan and Mucinex-D to make me all better though. I think the amoxicillan is making my stomach hurt. Maggie was very good at the doctor's office though and she got to go to Target with me as a reward. We did not buy anything but drugs. I was saddened to realize that Maggie is getting too big for the Carter's Just One Year stuff at Target. WAHHHH! She wore highwaters to school 2 days this week. She is also getting 2 more teeth on top, 1 on either side of her 2 front ones.
Last night I had to give Maggie a bath, just in case the Sharpie had not all come off and she went to TOWN splashing. I had to change my clothes after her bath. We sure did laugh hard though. She tried on my slippers tonight. When she tried to walk, she promptly fell over. Oh yeah, and she thought that 2:30 would be a great time to play last night. I do not enjoy that. David went and got her and she gave us about a thousand kisses and then she would NOT settle down. Bad baby. She was banished to her crib shortly after that. She is super stuffy and gross so we gave her a little dose of Benadryl tonight to clean her nasal passages out and then I played with her for a while. At one point, she was so dopey that she leaned up against the refrigerator and closed her eyes. It was SO funny. She has cried out once since we put her to bed but that's all.
I guess we will continue with our plans to go to Chapel Hill tomorrow unless my ear is still hurting. It feels much better already. Since David fell asleep at 8:25, I guess I'll go to bed now since it's already TEN O'CLOCK! Heavens. We are party animals.
4 comments:
Oh, I would pay to see her falling asleep against the fridge. How cute is that?
Your poor ear and eye. Kid germs are rough!
Now I don't feel so bad for letting Kylie play with a Crystal Light to go pack that she scratched her face with...
Hilarious! We had a similar incident with a gogurt pack. That dumb mommy moment left us with pink walls and blinds. Thank goodness for magic erasers! Maggie is so cute! I love the way her hair is getting so thick. Hairbows here you come! jane
yes yes yes, my last blog entry was a little on the car-nerdy side.... however, I am not the one who has a kid with a racing stripe...
Post a Comment