Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snow day!

First, though, my eye. Because I know you all care. I paid $70 at the eye doctor for him to put a yellow drop in my eye, look at it and tell me that he didn't know what caused the infection but to keep using the eye drops for 3 more days. Okay.

The overly dramatic weatherpeople here were forecasting Winter Blast 2007 most of last night so I woke up fully expecting to see a winter wonderland. Nay. I am such a nerd when there might be snow. I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and I had to check outside to see what was going on. Nothing. Then when my alarm went off at 5:20, I hopped right out of bed to check out the situation. There was nothing falling, nothing on the deck. All was quiet. I checked the news where I learned that school had been cancelled for both David and me! Hooray! It wasn't even an optional workday for me; I got to stay home for real. We laid in bed for a while, reading the paper and drinking coffee (me), while the news anchors discussed how the roads could be "dicey" during the day. They love the word dicey around here. It did finally start snowing and I think we got about 4 inches.

So pretty.


Hannibal Lecter sez, "Snow days are fun days!"



Yes, Maggie is chewing on an outlet cover. We are horrible, negligent parents. So, we had a leisurely morning of coffee cake and "Big Bird in China" and made a huge mess in the den.

Chillin'. Miss Uncooperative decided at that moment that she was absolutely parched and would not put that cup down for anything.


When freezing rain started falling, I decided that would be a good time to take Maggie outside. She was a good sport about it and even let me put her in the grass. Then she fell down and we had to change almost all of her clothes.

Can't wait to go outside!!

Mommy and The Druid head for the safety of the driveway.

Why do I have to be the one to go in the grass, Mommy? You come too!

Aaaaahhhh! I fell down! Made you come in the grass!

Safe with Mommy. I always get my way.


After our adventure, I got bored and wanted to go somewhere. David actually agreed to go to Target! Well, he wanted to go to Walmart because it's bigger, therefore more to look at. NO. On the five minute trip to Target, Maggie fell asleep so we kept driving and went on to the mall up in town. There was NO ONE there. The roads weren't even bad, just wet. Also, Gymboree was closed which made me sad. I scored some shirts for Maggie at Baby Gap for $3.97 though. They're for next year. David's dad came and met us and we ate lunch and walked around. David found a KISS Army t shirt for Maggie at Nordstrom but he ended up not buying it. I was disappointed. Then we left and headed back towards home. Maggie and I both fell asleep on the way back but we stopped at Target as well. I was so happy! Oh yeah, yesterday, I took Maggie to Kmart with me to buy diapers and I just carried her through the store and my arms about broke off. She has to weigh more than 20 pounds because she feels HEAVY to me. Anyway, back to our shopping spree. We poked around at Target but didn't get anything major. Then we came home and I fell asleep on the couch and I only had my eye opened by a baby a few times. Maggie also fell asleep on the couch with David while they were watching "Star Trek." Ugh.

Tonight Maggie peed all over the floor in the bathroom because I let her stand in there with no clothes on while her bathwater was running. Dumb mommy. I ordered some organic velour washcloths to wipe Maggie's nose with because her face is SO dry and they came today. They are awesome and soft. Maggie stole one immediately and rubbed it all over her face. I wish we had organic velour sheets.

And finally, here's what REALLY goes on while we're not at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Organic velour! You send me that link.

I remember getting up and running to the window to see if it snowed. Snow days RULE.

Kristi said...

Ah snow days... One person's joy can be another's nightmare. Luckily it ended up being just more like a bad dream as our flight to Chicago made it despite the snow and freezing rain. Glad you enjoyed your day off and we still made it to China!