I'm back
So, it was kind of a rough week but I am ready to go again. I've got an appointment with the "doctor" on Monday to get all my gripes out. Then I'm going to see "Mamma Mia" on Tuesday--woo hoo! I feel a little bit guilty about leaving Maggie but we are all taking a half day that day for our 6 month post placement visit.
This is what our blissful Saturday afternoon looks like at the current moment.
Yes, she is sleeping on the den floor. Oh, yes she is. And we are rocking out to her Christmas harp CD. This morning, David went to some track thing so Maggie and I went to Target and spent a whole bunch of money. We had big fun. Well, I don't know if she really had that much fun, but I did! She got really mad at me because I wouldn't let her hold the gigantic box of diapers so she could throw them in the basket. She picked out a VERY tacky birthday card for my mom.
Let's start at the beginning, shall we? Last Friday, when I got home, Katie was gone. G.O.N.E. Bye bye, kitty! See ya later! She went out in the garage and then someone helped her run out to the end of the driveway and then she went away. I saw her sitting on the ramp to our shed yesterday though so she's around. I do not miss her one little teeny bit. And I do not care if Louie dies of loneliness but we are not getting another cat. Last Sunday, Maggie and I went to the Teeter and they had Ben and Jerry's 5 for $10. I bought 5 pints of ice cream! I haven't eaten any because suddenly this week, sweet stuff doesn't really taste that good to me. Oh well. I hope it's just the stupid antibiotic and my sweet tooth will come back when I get done with it. Then I didn't go to school on Monday because I felt crappy and I ended up sleeping almost all day. Then I almost had a nervous breakdown on Tuesday because 1. my students "didn't know" that I had left them an assignment. WHAT? and 2. I cooked a nasty dinner that ended up mostly raw. And it wasn't sushi. Then I had cereal for dinner. Wednesday, I do not remember. I went to bed early and missed "Lost." I need to download it. Thursday, I don't know what happened either but I had a much better day at work and Maggie and I met Kimberly for mochas. Woo! Then yesterday, I had another pretty good day at work but I really need to stop giving my students so many assignments because I surely do not want to grade ANY of them. I have a ZILLION papers to grade this weekend. Blah. We watched this very weird Japanese horror movie called "Phone" last night that I did not like. All the actors were also Korean so perhaps it was a Korean horror movie.
Oh, we also had a movie star sighting last week. That must be her very hideous assistant with her.
She loves the assistant anyway.
Daddy waited until AFTER I got pizza all over everything before putting on my bib!
That Daddy. I'm not always so sure about him.
What big teeth you have, my dear.
This is what Maggie does when we tell her to smile.
Open wide for incoming.
Somehow this bear's hat has become entangled upon my thumb.
Get it off!!!! And give me the camera!!!!
Yes, I'm rocking my baby. Can I get some privacy here?
Look, woman. The flash woke her up! Now YOU have to get her back to sleep.
Stupid....shoe.....won't...go...on!
2 comments:
shouldnt you find katie a home instead of letting her be cold hungry and loney outside? that seems really cruel...
I'm glad you are feeling better! I was having Maggie withdrawls...
Post a Comment