Sunday, August 26, 2007

The hate mail is pouring in

And the complaints are rampant, so I guess I'd better update. I'm really a lame blogger. I wish I had legions of fans and hundreds of comments daily but I guess I should write more than twice a month if I want that to happen, huh? Plus, I'm tired of looking at that post when I log onto my blog everyday.

Let's see, what has gone on lately? Maggie is sleeping in her bed again. I don't know what was going on with her. I think perhaps her schedule was extremely messed up and she couldn't figure out what was going on. We were gone a LOT this summer. Now that we've been home for over 2 weeks, things are fine. She even slept until 8:30 today! That was a first. Well, except she stayed up too late last night playing with her cousins so maybe that's why she slept late. But, anyway, sleeping is good again. She mostly eats well. One night I got sneaky and chopped up chicken really finely and hid it in some mashed potatoes and she ate it up. Then she threw up the next day so maybe I wasn't sneaky enough. That's a story for another paragraph though. She sure is getting a bunch of teeth though. Two molars have come through and her top vampire teeth are coming in as well as two more molars. Poor baby!

This past Wednesday morning, David and I were treated to a 4 AM wakeup call which is a bit out of the ordinary for Maggie. We brought her in our room and then she started, uh, heaving. This was the night after the finely chopped chicken. She threw up a lot but luckily we have a lot of beach towels so we just piled them on the bed as needed. She got to stay home with Grammy that day but by the time we got home from work, she was running around like a whirling dervish so it must have been more of a 12 hour bug than anything else. I also got to go to Walgreens at 6 that morning in my pajamas. Thank goodness no one was there but me. And the employees, of course. Also, I sleep in running shorts and a t shirt so it's not like I went to the store in my nightgown. Gentle Naturals Tummy Soother works really well. I'll just put a plug in for it. Homeopathic medicines are my friends.

School. Hmm, what to say about school. I think my new job was the right decision. It was really, really hard the first few days when I was in my classroom and I didn't know anyone and I was so regretting taking the job. After several meetings with the entire faculty, my grade level, the 7th grade LA teachers and all of the language arts teachers at school, I feel a lot better. I was kind of under the impression that everyone was going to just do what they wanted to do and not work together but that is not the case, for the most point. I really need to stop making snap judgments of people because they are almost always wrong. I met some of my friends from my old school for dinner one night and I was really sad after that. I am not good with change at all.

Maggie starts the Toddler 2's class tomorrow. Movin' on up! She moved to the Toddler 1's class in June and then proceeded to miss almost the entire summer. Oh well. She got kissed on the mouth by another kid this week too. HEY. Maybe that's where the tummy bug came from!

Last weekend, we took Maggie to Build a Bear and let her pick out a stuffed animal to make. It was fun but she did not like the sound the stuffer made so I had to push the button for her. She also selected some pink slippers with pink fur on them for her dog to wear. Her dog's name is Dawg.

To the mall, Jeeves! Now!

I'll put the heart in, okay?

Cheese!

Now you say cheese, Mommy!

Okay, I'm ready to leave now.


Last night we went to ReRe's to see Maggie's cousins, Jon and Amanda, who were here for a whirlwind weekend from Chicago. They drove here on Friday and are probably driving back now. Ugh. That sounds fun, huh? At one point, Maggie was pulling on a folding chair and it folded up and fell on top of her. All you could see was the chair and her feet poking out the bottom. I laughed and laughed. She was kind of upset with me for laughing.

Today we took Maggie to the Original Pancake House for the first time. Our last hurrah before school starts back, I guess. She liked it a lot. I did not like sitting next to her because she was dipping her pancakes into syrup and she kept dripping syrup down her front and wanted to touch me with her sticky hands. Ewwwwwwww. So nasty. We went into Chocolate Soup, which is this kids' clothing store, which was having a big sale. I have been on a moratorium of baby clothes buying lately because it had gotten a little out of control. I allowed myself to buy Maggie a jumper with paperdolls on it (SO cute) and a little outfit for this winter. Speaking of clothing, I am seeing how long Maggie can go before she has to repeat an outfit.

Mommy, please. I don't have THAT many clothes!

I've already gone 14 days and there's no end in sight!


And with that, I think my update is over. There are some new pictures of the house on Flickr. I really will try to do better. I won't promise but I will TRY.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What agood wakeup to our first morning in Oslo!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! I needed that.

Terri

Kristi said...

LOVE the sunglasses ~ I'm glad I don't have the only child that insists on wearing them most of the time. I also noticed (when I clicked on the picture of Maggie wearing the sunglasses) that you have the Eddie Bauer cling shade in your car. How in the world did you get the wrinkles out? Ours looks so "Sanford and Son!"


And I also wonder why kids don't get bothered by sticky stuff all over their hands. Gross!

Lucky you that you can still not repeat outfits. We've been good on that this summer, but I'm in trouble for the fall. Kylie currently owns ONE outfit (in her current size) that is long sleeved...

Tigger said...

Allison,

All your fans are asking for is a bone once in a while (preferably more then twice a week!) I am one to talk huh?? I can not believe how much hair Maggie has. She is getting so big and cuter by the day.

Love to you all,

Brooke, Jeff and Emma

Anonymous said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!!

I heart updates.

Kimmie