Sunday, September 02, 2007

AWAA family reunion

Man, oh man, did we have fun yesterday. The AWAA family reunion for NC was held at the Lazy 5 Ranch and we had a great time. It's kind of a wild animal park and you can ride through on these horsedrawn wagons and the animals will come up and eat right out of your hand. (not lions or anything. I wasn't holding out raw meat or something.) Anyway, let me start at the beginning.

Maggie has slept past 8 the past two mornings which is awesome but of course, I'm up at 6:30, ready to go. Ugh. I wish she would have slept that late when I was still on maternity leave. We got up and got ready and headed out to the ranch. When we drove up, there were camels on the front pasture! We went in and they had a bounce house set up and bubbles for the little kids and a picnic area. There were several families there already with older daughters (ages 5-8, I would guess). I didn't recognize them from the internet. Maggie wanted to blow bubbles so we did and we also checked out some birds that were around that same area.

I'm blowing, I'm blowing! Why aren't any bubbles coming out?

Maybe if I squat down, it'll help.


I just want to preface the next part by saying that I look ridiculous in all of the pictures on this post. I did not know that my picture was being taken most of the time. Okay. Now that we're done with that. We also went over and checked out the goats that were in this big pen nearby. There were some HIDEOUS adult goats but the babies were precious!

Ooooh, goats!

Look at all the babies! I don't want to feed them though.

Come back, you....GOATS!


Then we saw AnnaClaire's family coming up so we went over to meet them! Maggie and AnnaClaire were so cute together. I just want to say, AnnaClaire might be cute on her sister's blog but she is DARLING in person. She is the sweetest little thing. AnnaClaire's sister, Emily went in the bounce house with her so Maggie and I decided that we might want to do that too. First, I had to fall backwards down the ramp to get on it. That was nice. Thankfully no one took a picture of that. Then we got inside and I think bounce houses stop being really fun when you are about 20. Maggie really liked it and and she and AnnaClaire jumped and crawled all over the place.

Jump, jump! I love this! (wow, I look dumb in this picture)

We are never leaving this place, Mother. I'm just letting you know.


Then it was time to eat and Maggie decided that during the blessing was a good time to start picking up gravel and flinging it all over me. Maggie and AnnaClaire sat together and they were SO CUTE! Maggie did not eat very much but she was certainly very interested in the piece of pound cake that we got.

Mommy, I told you I would put the straw in the juice box. Now I do not want it.

What? Where are we supposed to look?

"Maggie, I think we're supposed to be looking at the camera."
"Nah. It's more fun NOT to look at the camera, AC! See how frustrated my mom gets?"

AnnaClaire, I heard your sister was the food police. I'm going to sneak this Cheeto to you while she's not looking.

What? We're not doing anything. ( I LOVE this picture)


Then it was time to head over to where the wagons were to ride through the park. We got on first so we were right behind the uh, horses' rears. Pleasant. It was very horsey smelling. We all got buckets of food so we could feed the animals. VERY fun.
I think I see animals! I think I see animals!

Ooh! Look at that...horned beast! Impressive!

Yak (or maybe buffalo) tongue. Yum.

We weren't allowed to feed the zebras from our hands because they might bite. I petted it though!

Sharing? Gimme five? Not sure.


Anyway. This place was so much fun. I had a blast.

Emily and the girls.

Reaching up to feed a giraffe!

Playing in the water bucket.

What's in here?

Sweet, sweet girls.

Come on, AnnaClaire! Where do you want to go next?


Also, click over to Journey with AnnaClaire for more (better) pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had such a great time with you guys! Maggie is the CUTEST thing ever! Loved your humorous description of the day!

Pam

Kristi said...

I had to live the day through your commentary. Why did our family reunion have to be in Ohio on the same day? Maybe next time we'll get to meet you guys...

Kristi