And we're off!
On with Day 1 of NaBloPoMo. I might need some help later on this month so all you people who NEVER comment on my site but read it, I would surely appreciate some suggestions or questions for me to write about.
Anyway, Halloween. My mom's already told me that she was waiting for pictures last night. Like I said in a previous post, Maggie was a UNC cheerleader. She would not freaking cooperate with me for pictures so the ones I have are not that great. Y'all. Why will my child not look at me when I take her picture? It drives me nuts. I suspect that's why she does it. Well, pictures are on Flickr because Blogger is not cooperating.
David and I have decided that it's time for us to leave Maggie with a babysitter on Saturday night so we can go to dinner and the movies. I am super excited. What are the going rates for a babysitter these days? I'm thinking about $7 an hour. When I was in 8th and 9th grade, I babysat for these three heathen children who were kind of horrible but lived in an awesome house and the parents paid me a dollar a kid per hour. They used to go to the UGA games every Saturday and I would be at their house from 6:30 am until 9 or 10 at night. One time the dad gave me a 50 dollar bill for a Saturday like that. I thought I was loaded. Heh. Another time, I babysat for them right before Christmas and the mom had bought this little Kroger cake that looked like Santa's face. I think I gave the kids about two bites and then I ate the entire thing. The mom about flipped out when she saw that it was all gone when she got home. I blamed it on the kids.
The past couple of nights, David, Maggie and I have taken walks down the street to check out the other houses under construction. Our house is one of the smaller ones on the street but I tell you what, I like it so much better than the other humongous ones. It seems like a lot of the people bought huge houses but cheaped out on the fixtures and carpeting and it just looks junky on the inside. Speaking of our new house, I need to take pictures of the inside so y'all can see it now that we live here. There's an idea for another post!
I guess that's all for now. Don't want to wear out too soon.
6 comments:
Whos goes trick or treating in a wagon????? And is that brown shirt a 12 month size from last year?
Good luck the rest of the month. KBC
love the pic's and we had a few in wagons on our street this year~~~I thought of you'ns when I saw them!
hey, just short notes; references with pics is great!!! Yeah for "maggievision"
I used to babysit those same hellion kids for that same piddly $3 an hour! I do not recall ever getting a $50 bill, but I do recall being driven home by a certain parent with a highball glass of Scotch in his hand. Awesome.
That house ruled, though.
I never comment! But am curious to know if you're planning to adopt again. I have a 16 month old from Ethiopia, am pregnant and would like to go back to Ethiopia for an older boy eventually.
Danielle
(who found you via Lawyerish, where I also never comment, but went there because she met that guy from Project Runway, and now I'm hooked)
Ooooh! I have an idea! Spill the contents of your purse/diaper bag or whatever you carry your stuff in. I did it just yesterday. :)
I've bookmarked your site! Thank you for the info on Union County. I'm doing lots of research on it, and am really liking what I read. :)
I just need to make sure there are good resources for Kai's speech, etc.
PS. Your China sweetie is ADORABLE!!
Post a Comment