Back to the old grind tomorrow
Work tomorrow after 5 days off. UGH! I have a relatively easy week planned though mostly involving kids doing presentations of PowerPoints that they've been working on for what seems like forever. So all I will have to do is sit in the back and try not to fall asleep. Essentially, the kids picked a literary genre and had to find 4 authors (young adult appropriate) who write within that genre and give info about those authors and books they have written. They're actually doing really well on them but some of the kids are taking the "cut and paste" thing a little too far. I told them they could IF they cited where their information came from. One might want to actually oh, I don't know, READ what one cuts and pastes before one puts it in one's PowerPoint presentation that will be read to the entire class. If one reads information first, one would not put book summaries involving the words "oral sex" or "boobs" in a presentation for a SEVENTH grade class. I've already nixed that particular slide. When I asked the two girls who were working on this particular presentation if they were planning on reading that information aloud, they said, "Yeah!" I asked them to read it and then they said, "Oh, uh, yeah, um, well, yeah, we might want to change that." YA THINK?
Last night we went out for dinner and to a movie with Mark and Kimberly. It's always so much fun to go out without baby from time to time. We went to see "The Mist." It was not really what I thought it was going to be and also, it was kind of disgusting. There was, of course, a stereotypical Christian crazy riling everybody up and talking about the end of days and God being a vengeful God and giving Christianity in general a bad name. Marcia Gay Harden played this character and by the end of the movie, I hated her guts. She needed to be shoved out the door with the giant mosquitoes. MGH is not really my favorite actress anyway, but this movie cemented my disliked of her. The ending was, I suppose, a lesson in irony and was VERY depressing. Also, there was some crazy sounding wailing choir soundtrack. Not a fan.
Today, David, Maggie and I went for a long walk around the neighborhood. It was coooold. There is a house being built on the street that backs up to ours and some (I assume) neighborhood hooligans have scratched stuff in the driveway like stars of David and pitchforks and "white people kill" and something about "niggaz." Nice. I would cry my eyes out if that happened in the driveway of our new house. Also, I don't know that I would want to live in this neighborhood if that happened.
Here are some pictures of Maggie since I have been remiss in posting any of her lately. She peed in the potty again today so yesterday was not just an anomaly. I get much more excited than she does when she goes.
New Christmas PJ's. I thought 18 month size would be too small. They are not.
She was "sleeping" in this picture.
Well, I am going to go eat the last piece of pumpkin pie with Cool Whip and watch "The Amazing Race." Oh yeah, The Naked Ovary is back, in case you are interested. It appears that she is pregnant.
2 comments:
How did you find the naked ovary???? I must go google her. It's time for a break anyway.
Way to go, Maggie! 2 days in a row on the potty!
Kimmie
Love your pics of Maggie! Can't believe how big she's getting. I especially like the one of her saying NO! to Santa. Always thought he was a creepy old bloke myself.
Love ya!
Lue
Post a Comment