No ho ho
So, today we headed out to the mall with plans for Maggie to visit Santa and tell him everything that she wanted for Christmas. (or sit on his lap and get a cute picture taken). Well, first we headed to P.F. Chang's for lunch and when Maggie heard that we were having wonton soup and steamed dumplings, she was SO excited!
Well, maybe not at first.
Digging in. Don't bother me.
So happy!
Dumplings! Noodles!
Life is good. Now I need some candy.
Pre-visit to Santa.
"No, no, Santa! NO!"
So, the visit to Santa did not go well. She was happy and excited waiting in line and then when she saw Santa sitting there on his throne (?) and she started burrowing her head into my neck. The elf (lady) came over to start selling me picture packages and I told her we wanted to go over and just check Santa out. Santa, who by the way, probably weighed 140 and looked like he was about 22, asked what Maggie's name was and he reached out to touch her arm and she SCREAMED and started crying. So, then we left Santa's realm. Everytime we went near Santa's area of the mall, Maggie looked around nervously. Poor baby. I kind of suspected she wouldn't want to sit with him but I thought we'd give it a shot.
Maggie did score some leopard print, cat eye glasses at Gymboree for her troubles though.
I cannot believe you made me go see Santa today, mother.
And with that, I say farewell to November and farewell to posting daily. However, I have gotten much better about planning out my blog posts in my head before I actually start typing. I would like to continue posting more often. I have enjoyed getting more comments than usual and finding a few more blogs that I have added to my favorites. All in all, this was a good experience. I don't know that I would do it again but I might entertain that thought. Next year. Good night!
9 comments:
It's been an awesome month and I will miss checking in each day so please do your best to post almost every day from now on. ;)
I too enjoyed reading you every day! Hoping you keep it up :)
Danielle
i enjoyed reading your postings too! It was a pleasure getting to know maggie and you. Love the navy dress and red bow.
Kelsey wouldn't sit on Santa's lap yesterday either, so she sat on Daddy's and the nice photographer edited it :)
I have been riveted to your NaBloPoMo posts, so here's another vote for continued regular posting. Also, you never wrote Part 2 of the Most Embarrassing Moment, did you?
At least she looked adorable for her meet and greet with Santa. :)
I love Maggie's unbridled excitement for P.F. Changs! Kylie reacts in a similar fashion for pork dumplings from our local Chinese place!
And our Santa experience was also a "no go"...
We look everyday for a new posting. Finding something to enjoy each day has been wonderful!! Here's another vote for continuing. Lawyerish is right. You never wrote Part 2, and I have been waiting for it!!
Allison,
I too will miss your daily posts. I will still check daily though! We are taking Emma to see Santa Tuesday so I will let you know how it goes. I think it will go the same way as Maggies. Emma won't even touch the big blow up Frosty in our front yard! Ha Ha.
Talk to you soon.
Brooke
Post a Comment