Growing up
Maggie got up 3 times in the night last night. David and I have gotten in the routine of taking turns checking on her when she cries. Both times that I checked on her, she wanted to go to the potty, which was fine but there was a lot of lifting in and out of the crib and fumbling around in the dark so we made the executive decision to change Maggie's crib into a big girl bed! Wah!
Look at me with my new big girl bed!
Checking things out. My legs are too short so I need a stool.
Aaah, this is nice!
Yeah. I can do this.
Maggie requested that her door be left open and we have the gate at the top of the stairs but otherwise, there has not been a peep out of her room since she went to bed. Everything is too easy. Much, much too easy.
Last week was our spring break so we headed down to LaGrange to see Grandma and Grandpa. Unfortunately, I hardly took any pictures and my dad, who did, has not emailed them to me. But, I digress. I did get a few pictures of Maggie with her 3 month old cousin, Nuria, who is SO sweet. She has lots of munchable fat rolls on her thighs. So cute.
Maggie loved holding Nuria's hand. Nuria's mommy, Pam, is from Peru so I suspect that Nuria's tan will rival Maggie's as soon as she start catching some rays. So jealous.
I don't know what they're looking at here.
Maggie loved being the little mother with Nuria. However, she did not want her sleeping in her crib (which Maggie flat out refuses to sleep in at my mom and dad's) . I don't know. Maybe it's not all easy.
Well, I am a TOTAL idiot because I just figured out how to center my text. Dumb. Anyway. While we were in Georgia, David and I left Maggie with my parents for an overnight visit! I don't think Maggie was overly concerned. My parents took her to a concert for kids and they ate doughnuts on the couch so I think they had some fun. Mom and Dad came up and met us in Atlanta on Saturday and we all went to the Georgia Aquarium. That was BIG FUN. It was worth every penny of admission and I would highly recommend it to anyone. My only suggestion to the GA Aquarium people is perhaps they should have moving sidewalks throughout and the river part should be a ride. Like with little boats!
Now I have been talking on the phone forever and I don't remember what I was writing about so enjoy my pictures and say a prayer that Maggie doesn't crash onto the floor in the middle of the night tonight.
4 comments:
congrats big girl!!!
Is that a stuffed lamb in Maggie's hand? Nuria missed it today!
Mom
Oh, my! A big girl bed? This growing up thing that kids do is tough on a mama's heart! Maggie looks so cute! And I'm so jealous of the potty thing. I'm pretty sure Caroline could be trained if she put her mind to it, but she's so stubborn.
You make parenting look easy!
Post a Comment