Rerun
A&E needs to find some new addicts because I am tired of the RERUNS every week of "Intervention." It is rather annoying. Oh well, I'll listen to it while I update.
I really have no news but I have a recipe NON recommendation for you. The Horseradish Mashed Potato Shepherd's Pie is not good. Also. Rachael Ray is living in a fantasy land if she thinks that recipe is a 30 minute meal. Unless she is buying already peeled and maybe already mashed potatoes, there is no WAY it would only take 30 minutes to make. Plus it did not taste very good and it was allegedly for 4 people but David thought it was for 4 ogres because it made a TON of food. I will say that baking potatoes make extremely fluffy mashed potatoes, which I did not know. Also, I don't think I can taste horseradish because David said he could taste it in the potatoes but I couldn't. I did bypass the hot and spicy and wasabi horseradishes for the normal kind. Anyway. That was the extent of my cooking this weekend and thank goodness I did not try to fix it during the week because it just too took long to make.
My students are working in literature circles this week which is this sort of in vogue educational strategy where students work in groups reading self-selected novels and participate in group discussions that are not led by teachers. I am not usually a fan of lit circles because it requires more of a loss of control in the classroom than I am comfortable with. But I thought it would be easy to cram in between now and spring break, which is in 2 weeks. I am not so sure how I feel about them but today was only the first day so we shall see.
Maggie read many, many books this weekend and made a GIANT mess in the den. I have found that it's just easier to let her destroy a room and then clean it up one time.
We went for a walk in the 50 mph winds and Maggie had hat hair when we got home.
Really, REALLY bad hat hair.
Reading to her friends Baby, Elmo, Baby and Bunny. Original names, eh?
Maggie came to sleep with us in the middle of the night both nights this weekend. I'm not really sure what was causing that but every time she wakes up crying in the night, I immediately get up and go the bathroom. Whose needs come first? I think we all know the answer to that question. On Sunday morning, I woke up with Maggie one inch from my face saying, "I peepee potty. I peepee potty!" so I got up and took her to the bathroom. She will wear a Pull up at night (although tonight she said it was hurting her stomach so she agreed to wear a diaper instead) but she wants to put on underwear as soon as she gets up. I got a pair for her and when I brought her back to our bed, she told David, "PANTIES," extremely loudly. It was so funny.
I decided at the last second on Sunday that we should go to church so we rushed around and got ready and off we went.
Maggie likes to do that pose where she puts her head on her hands. Weird.
Maggie refused to wear tights on Sunday because they "hurt her bum" so her bare legs were hanging out. She also refused to take her coat off at Sunday school so she wore it the whole time.
When I picked Maggie up today, she was wearing pants and her undershirt. Her teacher said she was hot. Yeah, RIGHT. Maggie wanted to show off her tank top (t top, according to her). She ate dinner tonight wearing her t top and PANTIES. Then she started complaining that she was cold. She also wailed when I took it off of her for her bath. She is sleeping in a t top plus her pajamas tonight.
T tops rule!
So does this hat.
5 comments:
Love the thumbs up picture! She is way too cute these days ~ her hair cut (when not influenced by hat head) is adorable! And yes, I too have eaten my words on keeping a relatively clutter free house and only straighten up once a day...
Is the hat in Elsa and Nuria's honor?
Good to see updated pix.
Mom
that looks like proper head attire for Chicago... I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'...
I LOVE THE THUMBS UP PIC!!!! :)
Were both Interventions reruns last night? I hadn't seen either and I was so excited to see new ones. I love me some Intervention.
:)
I, too, LOVE Intervention and am ready for some new ones. Sick how we are addicted to other's addictions, huh?
Also, your Maggie is adorable, even with "bad hat hair". :)
Ohilda
Post a Comment