Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I wanna ready go!

Let's GO!

Maggie was ready to ROLL on Sunday morning! She did not have time for us to be rushing around (as is the usual routine) hurriedly packing last minute stuff and throwing things in the car. She was ready to get to the BEACH! After a small blip in our timetable when we thought Louie had gotten out and we spent 30 minutes wandering around our street looking for him, we discovered him asleep on the guest bed. We continued our Tour of East Coast bathrooms and Maggie and I went in the most disgusting Bojangles bathroom I’ve ever been in but otherwise, it was an unremarkable trip down.

Mmm, Bojangles biscuits make everything better!

I absolutely love North Myrtle Beach. This is the fifth year we’ve been coming to the little beach house where we stay and it’s so much fun. Our vacations are nothing exciting but they are very relaxing and there’s no rush about anything that we do, which I like. We walked down to the beach on Sunday when we got here but there was a giant thunderstorm brewing so we didn’t stick around for long. We ate at our favorite pizza place that night, King’s Famous Pizza and went down to the outlets, which were, sadly, closed. Our rental house has 2 bedrooms so Maggie is sleeping in one of them in a double bed all by herself! We were awakened last night at 3:30 by a loud thump and some major screaming but overall, she has slept extremely well.

The hairbow was just for the pictures.

Playing in the sand is serious business, I tell you.

We made it down to the beach on Monday morning and Maggie was not quite as into it as she was last year. She was kind of excited about all the sand and the water but I bet she washed her hands off in the ocean a hundred times and she wanted to sit on her towel instead of sitting directly in the sand. Oh well. She wanted to sit on my lap yesterday but I told her that we don’t sit on Mommy’s lap at the beach. I did suck it up and actually sit in the sand with her yesterday. She and I also took a long walk on the beach, which was fun. I love to see what books people are reading while we walk. She has wanted to go swimming in the ocean a lot. Now, swimming means David or me holding her as we get smacked in the face by the waves. The tide has been coming in each morning when we get down there so the water has been kind of shallow so she can walk a ways out.

At River City Cafe.  Fried bologna for dinner!  Yum!

Maggie "Street" Malady is ready to go.

This morning Maggie and I took a walk on the beach and she wanted to go in the ocean so I walked out a little ways with her. A couple of waves knocked her over and she went under for just a second and got VERY upset. Beach time ended shortly after that. She is getting SO dark even though I've been slathering her in SPF 50. I am ridiculously envious as I have random sunburn on my shoulders and also little white stripes on my thighs where the strings hang down from my bathing suit. Cute.

At Nakato Japanese restaurant.
So sweet.

We are having a blast though and this is definitely our favorite week out of the year, I think. Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of our referral and our 9th wedding anniversary. Maggie was in a wedding last weekend so there are some pictures from the rehearsal dinner on Flickr. I FORGOT to take the camera on the wedding day. Argh! She was very brave at the rehearsal but froze up at the wedding and dropped exactly one petal and then started bawling up at the front of the church. I had to go rescue her in the middle of the vows. heh. She felt better at the reception and even danced with the groom! There are some other outtakes on Flickr as well.

7 comments:

Jon said...

She had to use up her awesome "once in a lifetime" wedding performance 8 months ago... so, I feel bad but glad she used it @ my wedding. Happy 9th wedding anniversary! I feel like you have been in this family all my life, which, I guess means you really belong. I am glad David has you but it does mean you and Maggie are stuck with us now BWHAHAHAH!!!! Enjoy the beach, we'll be seeing you soon.

Jon said...

BTW, I love the street maggie picture, not only is her personality starting to really become photogenic, but your personality is in the back drop. If you look near the couch, there are books and a computer. NERD!

Kristi said...

I so wanna be at the beach now! Our turn comes in August and it seems an eternity away right now. I too am pretty jealous of my child's ability to tan despite being greased down with level 50 sunblock. She was out for an hour the other day and when we took her suit off you could totally tell where it had been.
Enjoy the rest of your week!

Anonymous said...

The beach looks AWESOME, and Maggie is as cute as she can be! No beach trip for us this summer. Sigh....

Pam

Anonymous said...

aw, it sounds like a good time. Love her rehearsal dinner shoes...too cute!

Cindy M said...

Well, that suit and surf shirt are just way cute! And the "street" pose...HILARIOUS! Oh, my, our girls are cut from similar cloth! She reminds me so much of Caroline! And my red-headed fair skin looks totally ridiculous next to C's toasty brown...and we use 50, too! I'll have to check out those wedding pictures. C is going to be a flower girl next summer. Hmmmm...

Hope you're having a great week! I love, love, love the beach!

Marissa said...

i LOVE the pic of you & her!!
that "street" pic is adorable too.

i found the coolest chopstick thing i want to buy - you might want it too. i'll come back and link ya. :)