Radio silence
I apologize for my lack of blogging the past couple of weeks. I've been writing posts in my head during the day but I don't ever feel like sitting down and posting them to the web. But now I have a bit of alone time as David and Maggie are napping (we had kind of a rough night last night with throwing up and sleeping on the couch) and I have put "Little Women" in the DVD player, so now I can get my thoughts in order.
First, I should address the baby shower that my mom and I threw Meredith on July 12. Yikes. Was it that long ago? Meredith lives in the Great White North now but is from the small southwestern town in Georgia that I'm also from. With that in mind, my mom and I decided to give the shower a bit of a Southern flair. It was really fun. David, Maggie and I arrived in LG on Wednesday and Mom and I promptly got to work. It was really fun getting ready for the shower.











We used the Blue Willow Inn cookbook, otherwise known as the Bible of Southern cooking for a lot of our recipes. In this picture, you can see the sweet tart punch (SO good), orange blossoms and Coca Cola cake. I also put some pictures of Noelle on the table and little cards with her monogram on them that identified all the food!
Tang dip in the forefront (SO yummy), pecan-lemon shortbread cookies and Lindt truffles.
Meredith and her mom sent us a HUGE bouquet of flowers on the day of the shower. It was absolutely beautiful and smelled so good!
We had a lot of fun at the shower and Meredith got lots of cool books, soft blankies and other "necessities" that will be great for Noelle. Plus, it's always good to see Meredith. I don't know if we will see her and Joe again until Christmas. And then afterwards at the Old Dudes birthday bash in New York, where we will celebrate both David and Joe's 40th birthdays!
A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to go to this Coupon Diva party where we learned how to save lots of money and use coupons to our advantage. While it was kind of overwhelming at first, I think I've sort of gotten the hang of it and my latest addiction is saving money. The main idea is to stockpile stuff when it's a good deal so you'll never pay full price again! Here are some pictures of my stockpiles.
Cleaning and personal products
David told me to quit buying cereal.
Other junk.
We went to see "The Dark Knight" the other day which was really, REALLY good. I love Christian Bale. I think he is so hot. Heath Ledger was extremely good as well. Anyway, when we picked Maggie up from daycare (yes, she went to daycare and we went to the movies), she had been eating a popsicle and looked a bit Joker-ish.
Trying to smile like the Joker. A little scary.
I think we went to the pool on this day and all in all, NOT a good trip. First, Maggie tripped over a speed bump in the parking lot and skinned her knee. The sight of blood caused some tears. When we got there, it was "adult swim," so we had to sit there and bake for 10 minutes while no one went in the pool. They've been having some ah, fecal problems at our pool so all kids under 3 are required to wear swim diapers AND rubber pants. I got so mad the first time we went because Maggie is and has been fully potty trained for a LONG time. So we had to leave and go to CVS and buy swim diapers and then go to Walmart to find rubber pants. I was wearing my bathing suit and coverup the entire time. Nice. When we finally got to go in the pool, David and I took Maggie under these mushroom shaped things with water pouring off of them. She got upset and cried and cried and would not stop. So we got out and sat at a table for a while. Then she indicated that she was ready to go back in the pool but she started crying again so we packed up and left. Big fun.
This morning, David was super tired because he had been up in the night with Maggie, so she let him get in her bed and covered him up.
"Here, Daddy. I'll cover you up. Shh, shh."
Patting (hitting) Daddy's hiney.
I guess that's all for now. We are going to Day Out with Thomas on Tuesday to ride on the train! I think that will be fun. Sorry this post was so boring.
5 comments:
G ood info. Why is the last pictures reversed? New skills!
Mom
what a fun baby shower!
nice seeing david in the 'crib' ala big girl bed. hahahaha
sorry the trip to the pool was a bust. mama said there'd be days like this.... ;)
Maybe the ride with Thomas the Tank will be as much fun as the Christmas train ride with Santa and Mrs. Claus that we took with my family.
L
Why does it look like Old Dude is sporting a Groucho mustache in those photos?
amen to the radio silence. i opened my puter for the first time in two weeks.. I spent 20 minutes updating. I love all the pics!
Post a Comment