Maggie's 3rd birthday extravaGANza
Holy pink princesses, did Maggie have herself a bash on Saturday! Her actual 3rd birthday isn't until Wednesday, the 24th, but we had the party this weekend so everyone could come. We'll have a little party with just us on her real birthday.
My parents came up this past weekend so Maggie played hooky from daycare on Friday and made cookies with my mom in the morning. Apparently, she started harassing my mom at about 7:24, after I left for work, so they got underway on the cookies immediately.
Rolling out the dough.
Eating the fruits of her labors. Yum!
My brother, his wife and their 9 month old came up too and we were so glad to see them. I'm not quite sure Maggie was as ecstatic to see Nuria as the rest of us were but she did okay. There were a couple of instances where Maggie would notice that someone was holding Nuria and she would suddenly be sitting on that person's lap as well.
We took Maggie and Nuria for an evening wagon ride. It looks like it was midnight in this picture, but I assure you, it was not.
Maggie's party had a Cinderella theme, in that we had Cinderella plates and napkins, and a garbage bag-esque table cloth. We had all of Maggie's favorite foods, as usual, including kielbasa, pierogies, buttered noodles, black olives and pickles. I think she is really from Pittsburgh and not China. We ate lots of food and talked a lot and then it was time for cake! I asked my mom to make Maggie's cake because she made one similar to it when I was a kid.
Maggie was most excited at the sight of the Cinderella Barbie, whose hair looks remarkably like S@rah P@lin's.
Princesses hanging out.
Maggie RAKED it in at her party. I am going to put pictures on Flickr because Blogger is taking an interminable amount of time to load. Maggie received: a Bitty Baby, who has already been stripped and is sitting in the stroller, a doll highchair that is currently holding a big My Little Pony, some very cute clothes including "pocketty" jeans, some books, a piggy bank with "moneys" in it, pink cowboy boots with light up stars on the sides, and a Cinderella dress, crown and her personal favorite, light up, high heeled "glass" slippers. Awesome. My dad made her an easel on which she has already had big fun drawing. We had a lot of fun at her party and people were extremely generous. Emma sent Maggie a package that we let her open earlier in the weekend and it included the coolest "Guangdong Girl" t shirt. I got a little choked up as I sat there and watched her open gifts from all of her family members who love her so much. Just 3 years ago, she was about to arrive at the orphanage where she lived for almost the first year of her life. What would her third birthday have been like if we didn't have her for a daughter? I am so very thankful for my sweet daughter and I love her very, very much. Happy early 3rd birthday, sweet Maggie!
13 comments:
I am crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is one ugly ass cake. Don't say I made it.
We love Maggie AND her parents!
KarenC
Wow! What a party! Happy Birthday, Maggie!
Pam
LOVE the party pictures. Wish we were there!!! Maggie and Nuria are super cute princesses!
We love you, Maggie!
Oh my goodness, how can Maggie be 3? Great blast from the past cake and I'm glad she had fun with her presents!
Oh, also-- I wish I had some of the kielbasa and pierogies to eat RIGHT NOW. Yum-o!
happy early bday to Maggie! the party sounded awesome! love the princess pic.
Those pink boots are AWESOME! Happy 3rd birthday, Maggie!
Leslie
best party ever~~so many grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins!! we did have fun!~~Re
Happy birthday, Mags! We'll celebrate with you soon! I am thinking I need to trade in the giftie I got her for something princessy.
Meredith
Happy early birthday to Maggie! She looks older than she did a month ago, but still just as cute!
Reagan
Happy Birthday sweet princess! I love the boots and hope we will get a first hand look at them next month. I am so glad you had a great party and we will call you tomorrow when we get home from school. Love you lots and can't wait to see you!
Brooke, Jeff and Emma
We are glad to be part of her entourage!
PapPap & Grammy
Happy Birthday Maggie! :)
Post a Comment