Nothin' really
First of all, guess how many papers I have to grade? Yep, that's right, about a thousand. Guess when progress reports go out? Yep, tomorrow. Guess how many grades I have in the computer? Yep, zero. Sigh. I also have to talk to an irate parent in the morning before I can do all that other stuff. Double sigh. The whole parent thing has essentially ruined my weekend because I have been worrying and stressing about it. I despise talking to parents who are mad at me. I always want to cave and just let them have their way but I cannot do that in this situation. I have to be strong and enforce my discipline policy. Suck.
Not too much has been going on around here. I think Maggie has been showing us snippets of what three is going to be like and that can be summed up in one word and that word is "drama." She got in trouble tonight for jumping on the couch pillows that were on the floor and she immediately dissolved into wails because, "I had a spot!" Translation: I was sitting in her spot on the couch and she wanted it back. Sheesh. She also got very angry with me this morning because I put her milk cup in the dishwasher.
We went to Party City yesterday evening to allow Maggie to select her partyware for her upcoming party on Saturday. After making a beeline for a stuffed furry princess phone (which she did not get), she settled for Cinderella napkins, plates and tablecloth. She loves her some Cinderella. She's getting a Cinderella Barbie for her birthday from us plus some Polly Pockets. That's all. We were going to get her a little kid camera but it was too expensive. Maybe for Christmas. Maggie also selected a tiara with hot pink rhinestone hearts and pink feathery fur. Maribou, I think is what it's called. We, of course, had to go wander around the haunted forest and look at all the horrible scary Halloween costumes. Oh yeah, we were looking at this Halloween costume catalog at ReRe's on Friday and Maggie liked the following costumes: Cinderella (shock), ballerina, princess, shark and the killer from "Saw." Nice.
Mark and Kimberly left for China on Thursday morning. We got up very early and picked them up, stopped by Panera, where we absolutely gorged ourselves on pastries (well, I did, at least) and then sat in traffic on 485, trying to get to the airport. We made it there in plenty of time. Maggie thought she was going to China with them, for some reason, so we had to tell her that no, she was staying with us and we were only going to the mall. We went visiting at Grammy and PapPap's first where Maggie had 2 meltdowns, one when she sort of broke Barb's camera (David fixed it) and one when she allegedly pinched her finger in the clasp on Barb's watch (she did not). It was very dramatic. Then we went to the mall and I let Maggie pick out a few things at Gymboree. It was very chilly and gross that day and I was kind of sorry that I had on shorts. Then we went home and all took naps. I had to get up to go to a meeting and thank goodness I set my alarm because I would have slept right through it. Then I went to Harris Teeter and used about a hundred coupons and bought $60 something worth of food but paid $23. Rock!
Well, that's really about all there is for now. We ate our mooncakes that we've had since last year (kept in the freezer) tonight for the Autumn Moon Festival. Well, I didn't eat any. I had a chocolate chip cookie. I am not a fan of the mooncake.
In order to appease Maggie after I stole her spot on the couch tonight, I let her help me "make" the crescent rolls." She did a pretty decent job.
She looooves her crown.
I quit paying attention for a bit and she decided the crescent rolls needed to be flattened.
Maggie decided Grandma Grace (her great-grandma) needed her hair fixed. A Hello Kitty ponytail holder is ALWAYS a fashion yes!
5 comments:
wow... i think i would look great with a hello kitty ponytail holder... just add hair...
the shortest distance between two places is a straight line... 74 to John Belk to Wilkinson for the airport.
Maggie looks so cute in her crown.
good luck w/ your parent conference!
Maggie looks so cute in her crown.
good luck w/ your parent conference!
Ugh with the grades. Hope that went well with the parent ~ they can be the worst part of teaching!
How were the flat crescent rolls?
Kristi
I'm tellin' ya...they're related! Caroline LIVES for Cinderella! And I really cracked up at that last photo...our girl insists on giving us daily hair trims with a toy spoon and fork...and keeps a fork at her dress-up table, just like "Unna da Sea"...those two would have a ball together!
Post a Comment