Sunday, November 30, 2008

DONE


Posted almost every day this month.  I missed one Saturday in there somewhere.  Thank goodness December is tomorrow.  I'm kind of tired of writing on this thing every day.  Boring.  I bet every blogger wrote some form of this on their post for November 30.


We start "A Christmas Carol" tomorrow.  We will have a New Year's party (in honor of Scrooge's transformation) on the last day of school in December (to avoid offending people who don't celebrate Christmas) and the kids will have to dress up as a character they will create who would lived in Dickens's London.  I am going to dress up but hmmm.  I think I left all my Victorian clothes at my mom and dad's house!  What to wear, what to wear.  All this is to say that the kids will be researching tomorrow, Thursday and Friday on the internet to plan their characters.  WOO HOO.  That will be fun, I think.

Tonight while we were at Walmart, Maggie was pretending to talk on her cell phone.  Here is her conversation (with my mom).

Hey!
Hi Grandma!
I'm fine.
What are you making?
Ummmm, do you want ham or Pop tarts?  (I bet I know which one my mom would pick)
Do you want potatoes or cookies? (odd)
Let me talk to Grandpa.
Hi Grandpa!  (I asked her what G'pa was doing at this point)
He sitting in his chair.  (HAHAHAHAHA)
(Then I asked if he was drinking wine)
He going to get some more!  In the kitchen!  Then he going to sit IN HIS CHAIR some more.
Okay, bye bye.

Maggie is teaching her baby to walk here.  Her naked baby.  I asked her if her baby wanted to wear clothes about 50 times yesterday but she said no, her baby was hot.  Tonight, I tucked her doll in beside her and then had some business to attend to.  Then I heard her SCREAMING bloody murder and David and I both went into her room.  The sleeve of her pajamas shirt was soaked because she was crying so hard.  She was scared of her baby doll and wanted it out of her room.  Heehee.  She likes that dolly in the daytime but not at night.  I can't say I completely blame her.

Maggie has decided that she wants a vacuum from Pottery Barn Kids for Christmas.  That thing is $39.  Right.  You would think it would actually work for that price.  She might as well get a Dirt Devil from Santa.  Then she could help me clean!


And finally, these are evil.  I'm never buying them again.  I could eat an entire bag in less than 5 minutes.  They are sooooo good!  Okay, NaBloPoMo OVER.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll miss your posts. They were all good, even the dumb ones. now my sleeve is all wet from crying!

mom

Jon said...

frosted anything is addictive.

Anonymous said...

yay! you did it. I'll miss your daily posts too. maybe you created a habit that you can't break? haha

Kimberly said...

OMG, those frosted animal crackers are of the devil. I ate about 1000 of them as I packed to go to Ohio. Trying to build up my strength for a marathon of eating all weekend. We must get some for our next road trip. You know you want them!

Anonymous said...

Say hi to Maggie for me!!!!! Tell her I can't wait to see her later this month! (You and the other Old Dude are ok too).