
Last night, after Maggie went to bed, David and I watched that movie "The Strangers." I would like to consider myself an old pro at scary movies and I can usually watch them without covering my eyes too often. That movie scared the crap out of me. We watched it downstairs, where we have 8 windows, and none of the blinds were closed. There is a scene where Liv Tyler is at the house alone and she's standing at the kitchen sink. Suddenly, a man with a white bag over his head appears behind her in the doorway. He just stands there and she doesn't notice him. Finally, when she turns around, the man has disappeared. I think that might be one of my greatest fears--someone is in our house, I don't know it and they're watching me. GAH. I had to get on the internet part way through the movie because I was so nervous. We had taken about a 5 hour nap that afternoon, so I was NOT sleepy when the movie was over. We went upstairs and I read my book for about an hour while David snoozed next to me. I hoped Maggie wouldn't wake up and call for me because I didn't want to walk in front of the stairs in the dark. What if someone was down there, watching? Then I proceeded to dream about that stupid movie all night long. I dreamed that I was a character in the movie but since I had already seen it, I knew what was going to happen and I spent the entire dream being frozen with fear and dread. Yuck.
When I got up, oatmeal sounded like a good breakfast to me. I got it all fixed and had the perfect amount of soy milk and lots of brown sugar on top. I carried the boiling hot bowl over to the table, it slipped out of my hand and I had an oatmeal disaster in the breakfast room. The bowl broke into a million pieces and oatmeal went EVERYWHERE. I even found it in my slipper. I had an English muffin for breakfast instead.
David went outside to rake leaves and Maggie wanted to help. After a short battle over clothing, she got dressed and I took her outside.

Yes, those are Hello Kitty work gloves.

This rake seems a bit large.

Sweeping the patio is more her speed.

After they got done raking, we got ready and went to Walmart. I might be done couponing for a while. Harris Teeter was having triple coupons this weekend but I just could not muster the energy to sort my coupons and go through the ad to see what the best deals were. We just fought the crowds at Wally World instead. We got lunch at Wendy's (baked potatoes and caesar side salads--yum!) and when we got home, I dumped my salad all over the counter, the floor and David's salad. Sigh.
We were supposed to go eat dinner with Rege and Barb because today is Barb's birthday but Barb called to let us know that they were at the emergency room. Rege had a nosebleed that wouldn't stop. David groused because he wanted to eat Chinese. Poor David! I talked David into going to Target with Maggie and me. Target was wrapping up the last of Halloween and getting Christmas ready to roll. I must say, I got a little excited when I saw all the Christmas decorations. I loooove Christmas! Maggie has already informed us that she will not be sitting on Santa's lap again this year. She about brought the roof of the mall down last year because she was screaming so loud. When we got home, we had pancakes and eggs for dinner. Mmmm. I heart breakfast for dinner. I told David that it made me miss my family because that was something we used to do when I was a kid, usually on Sunday nights.
So, I guess that is the wrap up of my Sunday. Kind of annoying, kind of uneventful. The usual.
5 comments:
Oh boy, gardening tools for Christmas. Why does her doll not ever wear clothes?
Good post
Mom
An oatmeal mishap AND a salad mishap in one weekend! That makes me sad.
The Complaint Dept will be pleased with all the Maggie photos!
sounds like our Sundays. Love the pics of Maggie, as always!
and now I want pancakes!
Evie has the same doll (asian) and hers is always naked too. LOL!!
Maggie just keeps getting cuter & cuter and I wasn't even aware that was possible.
Have you seen The Descent? If not, its a must see if you want to be scared. I loved it. :)
Love the month of November, get all these updates on you and Maggie. Someday soon you need to share your coupon wisdom with me. We could stand to save some money right now. Emma and I did a bunch of Christmas shopping this weekend. Woo Hoo!
Post a Comment