Friday, November 28, 2008

Shopped out

Amanda, Barb and I were at Target at 6am this morning.  It was a moderate madhouse but nothing out of control.  We were not the ones in the thick of the electronics department however, we were swayed by the $3.98 DVD's.  I snagged a copy of "The Holiday" (hush, Meredith) for my stocking.  We hit the mall next where I waited in a somewhat absurd line in Bath and Body Works and we trolled around Belk's forever looking for merchandise which they apparently did not have. We made a brief stop at Chick fil a for sustenance and headed on to Bed, Bath and Beyond.  I can't stand that store.  It brings back horrible memories of my short lived job at HomePlace.  Then we headed for home.  I was so sleepy!  


We met up with ReRe, Erin and the Pittsburgh crew and rolled toward SouthPark next.  Whew. We had to eat in the food court and UGH, there were a zillion people there.  A stroller is a great thing to have where there are a bunch of people with big shopping bags everywhere. Maggie flat out refused to even look at Santa, much less go sit with him.  I got to go to Gymboree. :)  Probably the highlight of the day was that we ran into AnnaClaire and Kate, their mom and Emily!  I was so excited to finally see Miss Kate for real.  She is teeny and SO cute.  Of course, AC was cute and she remembered that we had gone to the pool together this summer. We made plans to get together after Christmas.

When we got home, Maggie and I promptly fell asleep and now we have eaten leftovers for dinner.  I had a super fun time today.  I love shopping the day after Thanksgiving.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I located that item which Belk's did not have. I found it on line for an inCREDible price. I also have items in shopping carts in 3 different places while I make up my mind. See what you have done to me??

Dawn said...

Allison,
I just found your blog from GF. I love reading about other little Chinese girlies. What province is your dd from? I can't wait to check out your blog. :)

Pam said...

Running into you and Maggie was DEFINITELY the highlight of our day!

Pam