Friday, June 26, 2009

10 and 3

I am just getting this in before midnight, so it still counts!


Ten years ago today, David and I got married. 

It would be really great if I had a wedding picture to put here, right?  Well, I thought we had some saved on the computer but they're my mom and dad's wedding pictures, not ours.  I guess that's not the same thing.  Oh well.

And three years ago today, David received the call that we had a baby girl waiting for us in China!  He was sitting on the beach and I had gone down to the ocean because I was positively melting in the heat.  Therefore causing me to MISS our referral call.  Water under the bridge.

I DO have pictures of that though!

2009 referral day

My subject was not thrilled about having her picture made.  As you can see, she has her camera around her neck and was much more interested in taking MY picture.

To celebrate referral day, we did nothing but pack Maggie off to David's mom's for the NIGHT! To celebrate our anniversary, we did the following:
  • Ate lunch at Panera
  • Shopped at Target
  • Saw "Drag Me to Hell."  I know, romantic.  I highly enjoyed it.
  • Ate dinner at Maggiano's
  • Went to Barnes and Noble and the mall
  • Ate cake and watched the Michael Jackson special
All in all, a good day!  And tomorrow, we leave for the beach!  Yay!

So, happy anniversary, David!  Here's to many more years of fun and laughter.  I love you!

This picture was taken at Meredith and Joe's wedding, 
but essentially, we look the same.  Good enough for me.

6 comments:

Rach said...

Happy anniversary! We got married the same year, a week apart it seems. :o) You all have dates like we do, lol! B&N is certainly one of our most favorite hot spots. ;o)

And, happy referral day as well. What a blessing for you all. :o)

Kristi said...

Somehow I'd forgotten that you got Maggie's referral on you anniversary. Congratulations on both accounts!

Pam said...

Happy referral day, Maggie! I actually hadn't heard the story that you missed your referral call! That struck me as so funny (sorry)~ I can just picture it happening. :)

And happy 10th anniversary~ soulds like you had a fun day together.

I hope you have a great time at the beach~ and yes, I do have a touch of "beach envy"! :)

Jon said...

congrats on your anniversary. you guys don't look 10 years older, so congrats!!!

glenna said...

I can't wait to hear all about your beach vacation!!!

Cindy M said...

Congratulations on 10 years! I'm impressed that you got your post up on the actual day! I kinda missed posting on our 20th in October, and I still feel guilty!

How cool is it that you got your referral on your anniversary?!

And I, too, have beach envy...