Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I...

saw this on another blog and decided it was just right for a non-blogging kind of day.  I have not been outside all day.  At all.  I haven't even opened the door.  


  • I am glad we didn't have school today and that I am going to another middle school to observe a teacher tomorrow morning.
  • I worry about things over which I have no control.  And money.  Always money.
  • I have a lot to be thankful for--great husband, great daughter, great house, great job, great friends, great family!
  • I miss my family.  David's family is nearby which I love but I wish mine was too.
  • I fear something happening to Maggie or David.
  • I feel kind of lazy, full from dinner and warm from the fire in the fireplace.
  • I hear "My House is Worth What?" on the TV, David cleaning up the kitchen and Maggie's snowglobe blaring.
  • I smell the cookies in the oven baking!
  • I crave chocolate.  Ice cream.
  • I cry hardly ever.  The last time I teared up was at the polls last week.  Before then, I don't remember.
  • I usually get to work before 8:00.  I used to get there at 7:30 until David and I switched and now I take Maggie to school.
  • I search for endless Polly Pocket pieces, Snap n Style doll clothes and my chapsticks that disappear. :)
  • I wonder what Maggie is going to be like when she grows up.  Or, to be honest, what she'll be like in a year.
  • I regret, nothing, I don't think.  Well, I wish I had done a semester abroad in college.
  • I love David, Maggie, Louie, my family, diet Coke, dessert, buying clothes for Maggie and rain.  And the internet, if we're being honest.
  • I care about others' feelings a lot.  Sometimes maybe too much.
  • I always want to hug and kiss Maggie.
  • I worry that Maggie should have a sibling.  Right now, it's just not in the cards.  
  • I am not a fan of being rushed.  I cannot stand people hassling me to hurry up.  It'll get done when it gets done.  I plan ahead so I don't have to rush.
  • I remember playing hide and seek with my family in the dark, the Christmas at my grandmother's house when ALL the cousins were there and we got to have a slumber party on Christmas Eve and we giggled most of the night, playing "horse" and "Laura Ingalls Wilder" and "school" with Meredith, a lot!  Glenna, your post reminded me of when the power got knocked out at our house when I was a kid and we all slept in front of the fireplace except for my dad who almost froze to death, upstairs in his bed.  HA!
  • I believe in God.  I believe in things happening for a reason, whether we understand why or not.
  • I sing Broadway show tunes in the car with Maggie.
  • I don't always play with Maggie as much as I think I should.  
  • I write on the markerboard in my classroom every day.  I blog sometimes except for November when it's every dang day!
  • I win, hmmm, I'm not really very competitive.  Arguments with my students?  I ALWAYS win those!
  • I lose junk in my classroom constantly.  I can NEVER find stuff in there.  Maybe because my desk is so messy.  
  • I listen to Maggie jibber jabbering all the time and to the radio in the car.
  • I don't understand why some people get to have lots of kids and some people get to have none.
  • I can usually be found...okay, being honest...on the computer.
  • I need to work on mentoring paperwork that was due yesterday.
  • I forget...that's hard.  I try not to forget stuff so I write everything down on my calendar.
  • I am happy.  Yes, I am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a bit like a bio-poem. I should draw a weird head and body for you to write this in. Then you could decorate it to look like you.

Also, I totally have the same regret!

Leslie

Anonymous said...

oh wow - it sounds so cozy with a fire in the fireplace and cookies in the oven. I wanna come visit. :)

Allison said...

Glenna-come on!

Jon said...

C-mon Maggie and paint the town.... and all that jazz... put your seatbelt on and let your hair down.... and all that jazz