Saturday, November 05, 2005

Well, here I go into the land of the blog. As addicted as I am to the internet, I probably should have done this a long time ago! I wasn't sure I ever had enough to say that would warrant an entire blog. However, as we're getting down to the nitty gritty wait time for our daughter, Maggie, who's in China, I thought this could be something to check off my to-do list.

My husband, David, and I are currently about 4 months into our wait for a referral. We are adopting through AWAA. According to the buzz on the internet, referrals seem to be slowing down--ugh. So tired of waiting! However, at this point, Maggie would have to either sleep on a table or on a computer desk since those things are still in her bedroom-to-be. She would have lots and lots and lots of clothes to wear, thanks to David's sister! Perhaps it's a good thing that our referral is not right around the corner.

Here's what all I need to get done (or would like to get done) before it's time for us to pack up and go to China:

1. Lose some weight so I can look skinny in all our pictures
2. Get rid of the junker computer in Mag's bedroom and possibly buy her a crib
3. Finish the scrapbook I started for my parents about 2 years ago
4. Start a lifebook/scrapbook for Maggie
5. Finish Maggie's 100 Good Wishes Quilt scrapbook--at least the quilt is finished!!
6. Paint Maggie's room and buy her LOTS and LOTS of books!
7. Buy a bigger car so I don't have to cram her in the back of my 2 door

I think that's it for now. I'm going to see "Wallace & Gromit" with my mother-in-law this afternoon. I think I might hit the used book store first though. :) I hope this blog will be interesting and will be something Maggie, David and I can look back at and remember our first days as a family together.

No comments: