Tuesday, March 07, 2006

So, my mom told me the other day that she felt really dizzy after having her head lower than her feet while in the dentist's chair (that sentence could possibly be misconstrued as sort of disgusting, but you know what I mean).I sort of scoffed to myself that she must just be aging a bit. Well, I went to the dentist today and I am about sick with dizziness! Ugh. Maybe I'm aging a bit too. I have decided in my ancient-ness that I really hate going to the dentist. I think I'd rather have a gyno exam than get my teeth cleaned. There are just too many sensitive areas in my mouth that cold water and spinning cleaners HURT. But I had no cavities so yay, me, and I don't have to go back for 6 months. Oh, he also thinks I need to make an appointment at the orthodontist because part of my brackets on the back of my front teeth popped off and one of my teeth is starting to poke out at a weird angle. I don't want to do that. Enough on the ins and outs of my dental work.

CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs) has updated their site to say that dossiers processed before July 31, 2005 have passed the review stage. Last month it said June 30, 2005. I don't know what that means for us but I thought I'd throw that out there. People in blogging land are getting excited about it but I don't think I'll get worked up yet.

I had the most kick-ass shower last weekend (not yesterday weekend but the weekend before that) hosted by my lovely sister-in-law, Erin. That's David's sister, not Jeff's wife. Anyway, it was amazing! A bunch of my friends from school came, our social worker came, my mom and Pam (THAT'S Jeff's wife) came and a bunch of David's family came and it was so much fun! We got some fun stuff that I promptly put together when we got home. Jeff helped me some too. We now have a lovely aquarium high chair in the kitchen that plays a reggae-y version of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat." I enjoy that tune. David and I like to dance around the kitchen to it while we're (he's) cooking dinner. We have more toys for Maggie to play with. We have a big canvas bag for toys to go in. We have a packnplay and a booster seat for traveling. We have a sweet jogging stroller. We have some more clothes and some bath stuff and a diaper bag. We are READY. Ready, I say. I used part of a GC to Babies R Us to buy this aquarium thing to go on the side of Maggie's crib. It plays music, makes bubble sounds and also makes "nature" sounds. David thought maybe that should just go in our room. It's very soothing. I'm going to see if I can attach pics of the cake and the decorations because they were really awesome.

Here's the cake. It was soooooooo good. It had kind of a custardy, pudding inside the layers with fresh strawberries. Those Chinese characters by the baby say, "baby." Cool, huh?

Those silly pillars in my mother in law's house are blocking the clothesline but you get the idea. SUPER cute!


Now, I think I'm either going to bed or I'm going to watch "March of the Penguins." What I really want to go to is organize Maggie's things again. But I will not allow myself to do that! I guess I'm officially "nesting" because I actually dragged out the Shop Vac yesterday and vacuumed the inside of my car, including pulling all the floor mats out. I don't think I did that one time when I owned my other car and I had it for 8 years, I think? I'll blame it on it being a 2 door car and it was too much of a pain. One last thing, every person who ever reads this blog MUST go out and purchase a Hershey's Take 5 candybar (except you, Barb, because it contains peanut butter and chocolate and you don't like that for some unknown reason). They are DELICIOUS. I think I ate about 15 minature ones last week and still managed to lose 2.6 pounds for a grand total of 10.6 pounds. WAHOO! I just looked back at my list of things to do from November and the only one left is to finish the scrapbook for my parents! I can't believe I've done everything else! Yay. :)

No comments: