Monday, March 13, 2006

I'm an idiot

I just figured out how to make titles on each of my posts. I have been pondering that since, oh....November or so when I started this thing. Whatever. I thought you had to be able to write HTML code or something. But, no. You don't.

Not much to say around here. I've been reading the evil Yahoo groups of rumor mongering and I really should not. I'm debating taking a breather from the internet. That idea almost puts me into spasms of hyperventilation. Now people are saying that we won't get referrals til freaking JUNE. I don't know how much stock to put into that but the thought of not getting a referral til June makes me sick. I will admit that I've been skipping church and choir practice because I'm so tired of telling people that no, we don't know anything. There is this one lady who asks me every single time she sees me if we've heard anything. Like I'm not going to come screaming into the choir room with Maggie's picture clutched in my hand when we finally hear.

I got a really cute toy in the mail today from my grandma. It's this little soft train with animals that ride in it. One of them has a squeaker in it and Cousy thinks it's his. He's extremely interested in the mouse. Poor doggy. All he has to play with is an eviscerated crocodile.

School was extremely boring today. My students were doing book report presentations and they had to dress up as a character in their books and then tell the story from that character's point of view. With as many resources as my students have, they should have kicked ASS on these presentations. But instead, I see them drawing a shitty looking football at the beginning of class as a prop or borrowing someone's rank football jersey to wear as a "costume." That put me in a bad mood. It also puts me in a bad mood when students ask how to pronounce something in the middle of a presentation. OR when they come to school on the day of their presentation and tell me they're not quite ready. I don't think so. I think I'll tell my principal that I'm not quite ready to work tomorrow morning.

David is currently filling out brackets for NCAA tournament. Woo hoo. All that means is that I won't get to see "Survivor" because it will be on on Wednesday night and "The Amazing Race" isn't on until 10! They had a junk food bracket to fill out in the newspaper today. I think I might complete it and mail it in. I am at a loss between Cheetos and Oatmeal Creme Pies though. Who would win that matchup? The rest are easy because they matched up sick stuff like Funyuns vs. the delicious Oreo Double Stuf.

I think that's all for now.

No comments: