Monday, March 20, 2006

The world's most boring post

It's really time for me to be crawling into bed and bundling up in my flannel sheets and listening to the rain ticking on the windows but instead, I must waste precious hours of my life here on the internet. I'm addicted. I admit it. When I get home from school, I get the mail, feed the pets, get a snack and log on. And it kills me that most of my favorite sites are un-reachable at school due to the many blocks. One of my co-workers makes fun of me because I'm always looking at people's China sites at school (during planning, of course). Oh well.

This weekend was fairly uneventful. We had Mark and Kimberly over for St. Patrick's Day dinner on Friday--corned beef, cabbage, sauerkraut and red potatoes. BARF. Kimmie and I had BBQ chicken in lieu of the traditional fare. Saturday we went up to Cary for our sweet nephew's 1st birthday. It was very fun to watch him smear blue icing all over his face as he scraped every last bit of it off of his high chair tray. Here's the difference between the 1st grandchild's birthday and the 2nd grandchild's birthday. 1st grandchild: tons and tons and tons of presents--mostly toys that are probably cluttering up SIL and BIL's house now, giant balloon bouquet. 2nd grandchild: his presents were all clothes and a couple of books. And we got him a wheelbarrow that 1st grandchild promptly commandeered and took off with. Good girl. Poor 2nd kids. They always get the shaft. Luckily, David, Maggie and I will never have to put up with that sort of crap. The other difference is that 2nd grandchild's birthday was very relaxed. We all just kicked back and ate and played with the kids and passed the baby around.

I took full advantage of not having any kids here on Sunday and took a 2 hour nap. I'm gonna be missing that soon enough. I also went to Target for like an hour and a half. I have moved on to purchasing drugs for our trip to China. Mostly for the baby. I went to Walmart to buy groceries but got annoyed about a second after I got inside so I left after 20 minutes and only 12 items. I freaking despise Walmart on Sunday afternoons.

Today I had the best day at school because my students were taking a standardized test all day and I graded about a zillion papers, averaged grades and emailed some parents with some bad news. Bwa hahaha. Not so sure what I'm going to do tomorrow as most of them did not finish.

That's all for now. This post was really boring. Sorry about that. :)

1 comment:

Jon said...

Amen to the Wal-mart thing. Amanda and I used to go there every Sunday after church. We would save a few bucks, but in return, we acted in a manner that was less than Christian, erasing all the good feelings we left church with.