Ruminations on spring break
Yes, yes, be jealous of me because I'm on spring break right now. Of course, I'm not doing anything cool except sitting in my pajamas and updating my blog. I have no immediate plans to do anything different either. David and my mom had all kinds of suggestions for this week that I am not very interested in. So, we shall see.
I have just discovered that you can listen to the radio on iTunes so am currently listening to "Hungry Like the Wolf" on one of the 80's stations. Very cool. I hope I'm not paying for it by the minute or something.
This weekend was so much fun. Kimberly and I went down to Spartanburg to see Leslie. I'm sure you're not interested in what we did but I'm going to share anyway. Friday we went to dinner at the Sugar and Spice where I was kind of embarrassed by how fast I ate my cheeseburger. I think it took me about 3 minutes to finish dinner. I need to slow down while eating. Being a teacher has not helped that in the least. Eating lunch in the cafeteria has trained me to eat an entire meal in about 10 minutes. After that, we went to Target and browsed around. We mostly looked at some hideous clothes and beauty products. I love beauty products. Then we went to Kohl's because they were open until 11. I got some flipflops and a shirt. Thanks, ReRe! I finally used my gift card from my birthday!
Saturday morning, Kimmie and I had to go to McDonald's to get coffee and we sat around and watched "What not to wear" that Leslie had TiVo'd. Leslie's brother and niece came over for a while. I read her "Little Red Cowboy Hat" which was surprisingly violent. A Western slant on Little Red Riding Hood, in case you were unclear. We got it together, went to Ice Creams and Coffee Beans for lunch and I felt sick afterwards because I ate so much. I have totally blown WW this week. Can't wait to weigh in tomorrow. We were going to go over to Converse and find our brick but it was way too cold. We went to the mall instead and then to get pedicures. We were going to come home Saturday night but we wanted to watch "Center Stage" that Kimberly and I both bought for $5.50 at Target. So we stayed til Sunday morning but came home early because Kimberly and Mark joined their church. We also ate almost a half gallon of Mayfield Moose Tracks on Saturday night. YUM YUM.
This is just an aside to Meredith, but why did we like such cool music in junior high? Currently listening to "The Final Countdown" and just finished "I Won't Forget You" by Poison. Speaking of Poison, I have a student named Bret who was named for their lead singer. I would never admit that to ANYONE, least of all, my child's 7th grade teacher. Of course, I have a student named Maverick as well, named for Tom Cruise's call name in "Top Gun." Some things should be kept secret, although, how you could disguise Maverick as a cool name, I don't know.
Things are not looking so hot on the adoption front. It's taking forever for CCAA to get through the month of May. Apparently referrals through May 30 have been mailed. UGH. Just as a reminder, our log in date (LID) is 6/23. If you click on that link over to the right, In Search of Rumors, you can keep abreast of what's going on in the China adoption rumor mills. Of course, you may not care and in that case, ignore that last sentence.
I guess that's all. Perhaps I shall be updating more regularly as I have nothing too pressing to do this week. Oh, I'm going to get my first HepA and B shot tomorrow. Hooray.
No comments:
Post a Comment