Thursday, May 18, 2006

No Joy in Allison-ville

Well, after some very scientific deductions and 3 weeks of stomachaches, I have come to the conclusion that I can no longer have caffeine. UGH! I had no caffeine yesterday and then this afternoon, at the staff meeting, I decided to do an experiment. I drank a cup of Mountain Dew. My stomach raged at me. Conclusion: no more coffee or diet Coke or tea. I am so sad! Plus, I have a raging headache and I feel kind of like I have the flu. How sad am I? I went to the doctor on Monday when I just could not take the pain any longer. They took some blood and sent me home with a little cup to collect a "sample." Ew. Said sample is now sitting in the fridge in a biohazard bag which is in another bag. How disgusting.

I think it's time for another list. On a positive note, I think I shall list some things that I enjoy.

1. Krystil brought me all 4 seasons of "Felicity" to watch. It's so good! I want to live in New York now. Well, I think I really would like to go to college in New York now. After I'm done posting, I'm going to pop in another disc.
2. These cookies that they have at Harris Teeter that have pink lard icing with sprinkles. Why those don't make my stomach hurt, I don't know, but they are delicious. I ate one at 9:30 this morning with no ill effects. Overall, I love lard icing. It is soooooo yummy.
3. Getting high school graduation announcements in the mail. I love to get those and look at the pictures that are enclosed and wonder why I did not look like these kids when I was in high school. We got one today. I also like buying our stock graduation present: a giant monogrammed beach towel. However, we are no longer members at Costco which is where I got the towels, so I don't know what we'll do this year.
4. Oh, something else to eat that I like. They have these Blue Bell Cookie Cones in the cafeteria at school. Oh MAN, they are so good. They are chocolate cones with cookies and cream ice cream dipped in dark chocolate!!!! MMMM! I love dark chocolate, period. I ate about a hundred dark chocolate Hershey's miniatures on Friday at school.
5. Bath products. Ohhhhh, I love bath products. Well, really, beauty products in general. Which is weird because if you know me, you know I'm not too crazy about making myself "beautiful." I went in Bath and Body Works with David's mom on Saturday and I seriously could spend a ton of money in there. I also like chapstick, specifically, Burt's Bees. The Lifeguard's Friend Burt's Bees sucks though. It makes your lips white. Extremely unattractive.
6. Doing busy work type stuff at work. If people would let me do all their busy work, I would be a totally happy person at work. Not that I'm not already quite happy at work, but I love to do the drone-like stuff that no one else likes to do. Which is why I used to always do all the 8th grade awards day crap. But since I was banished to 7th grade, I will not be doing that this year for the ingrates on 8th grade.
7. Speaking of 7th grade, I loooooove it. (Leslie, I know you don't understand me at all!) It's so fun. I think mostly because of my co-workers. I have a lot of fun at work. I'm usually in a good mood except for the past 2 days when I've been so sleepy because of the no caffeine.
8. My Nick and Nora pajama pants that were a ripoff purchase from eBay because I thought they were the ones that cost $80 and then I saw them at Target for $24.99!!!!!!!! But, I love them anyway and have gotten my money's worth out of them. I have them on currently.
9. The STRAND bookstore in New York. I wasted a whole bunch of time on their website today during planning. I've only been there once but oh, I loved it!!! We spent so much time in there. We are planning on returning to New York this summer since 1. we have free accomodations (thanks Meredith and Joe!) and 2. this damned adoption is taking so long. So, we might as well go on a last vacation together since we THOUGHT the trip we took to NY last year was the last vacation alone.
10. Grape Nuts Trail Mix Crunch. This is the best cereal in the world. I love it. I was suckered in by stupid Weight Watchers cereal and bought that and it is GROSS. I was very sad not to be eating my Grape Nuts this morning.

I think that's quite enough of that. If you want to read the bad news, go click on the **new rumor site** button. Otherwise, we shall not discuss anything else related to adoption at the current time. My students have been working on a project all week and I have no papers to grade and I am BORED at school. I read a book for 2 blocks today. Yes, I am shaping America's young minds daily. I can't wait to get some book reports Friday so I will have something to grade! I can't believe I'm actually typing that. Okay, until next time.

No comments: