Monday, May 22, 2006

Spending the night out

Last night, we got home from eating dinner and playing games at Kimberly and Mark's. It had rained while we were gone and of course, Cousy had been outside so he was all wet and nasty. David got a towel and was drying him off in the laundry room. I went in to start making up our bed as we decided it was probably time to take the down comforter off. I came into the kitchen to ask David something and noticed that the sliding glass door and screen doors were both wide open. I went out on the deck to investigate and saw Louie on the top step of the deck. I snapped my fingers at him and he hurried back inside. I could see Katie on the step too but as soon as I made ONE motion like I was going to get near her, she, of course, ran away. She headed under the deck which is about a foot off the ground. Well, maybe a little higher since fat Cousy can fit under it. David got some cat food to entice her and dragged Cousy outside to help him herd Katie back inside. Cousy was too busy eating the cat food to help David get Katie inside. What a surprise. Katie ran around the back yard for a while and then jumped the fence and went over to the next door neighbor's yard. She got up under a bunch of bricks in their driveway and David decided it was time to give up. It was, after all, eleven o'clock at night. Not really a time you want to be caught in your neighbor's yard with a flashlight. I wasn't even really that sad. Katie really is not very much fun at all. David was pissed since we spent a whole bunch of money getting her declawed and such. But then this morning, she was sitting on the deck and came right inside when David opened the back door. She's let us pet her a little but is still so dang skittish. Katie=NO FUN. Boy cats are much better. No more girl cats for us.

We went to see "The DaVinci Code" today. I thought it was alright. It seemed to go on forever though.

I really don't have any other news. We start standardized testing tomorrow. Whoopee. That's going to be a thrill. No news on the adoption front. Rumors are as follows:
1. Referrals will go up to June 15.
2. Referrals will go through June 15 and they are not done matching yet.
3. Referrals will go up to June 21 or 22.
I don't really care to be honest because we're not going to make the cut this month anyway. June 21 or 22 would obviously be the best scenario but it doesn't matter. I'm burned out on adoption stuff. I don't know if it would be easier starting the adoption process now and knowing that it's going to be a long time or if that would be discouraging too. We went into this last year thinking we would have a referral in December as that was what the trends dictated. Now we're almost 11 months into a wait we thought would have been long forgotten by now. I'm reading "Wanting a Daughter, Needing a Son" right now. It's okay. It's a bit more research-y than I would have liked but it's interesting. I guess I should head for bed now. Gotta be at school in time to make sure I have all my testing materials!

No comments: