Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Welcome to the yard sale

So, our neighborhood is having a community wide yard sale this weekend. After talking to Leslie and hearing her stories about her community yard sale last weekend, I thought I might participate in ours this year. I have been digging into uncharted territory in our house for the last 2 days, grabbing everything that I think someone might like to buy. I own an ungodly amount of holiday stuff. Tacky ornaments, tacky tchotchkes (LOVE that word), tacky wall art--anything. A lot of it is going on the yard sale heap. I also apparently was planning on having a TON of friends by this December because I found six boxes of Christmas cards under the bed in the guestroom. Now, I must say that I found most of them 75% off, but still. Do I really need that many Christmas cards? I'm so sure I'm going to feel like mailing them out anyway. I also threw out about a hundred gift boxes, some of which are left over from our wedding. Obviously, we do not ever give gifts, therefore, we do not need all those gift boxes. I'm a bad steward of the earth because I probably should have recycled them, but I did not feel like it. Plus, our recycling bin is about to overflow. I found about 8 used Advent calendars also. Why are we saving those? I didn't throw them out though. I'm sure David will think of some use for them. I can't wait to go up in the attic and see what kinds of treasures I find up there! More Christmas stuff, I know.

On to the next topic of discussion. I am going to share 5 (only 5) things that I dislike. They are:
1. Music on websites, specifically adoption websites. EVERYONE puts the Steven Curtis Chapman song " When Love Takes You In" on their adoption website and it really gets on my nerves. It's a nice song but I hate listening to it while I'm trying to read. It makes me not want to read sites if they have music playing.
2. Wearing my glasses. I hate them. Well, I don't hate my glasses but they are not strong enough and I can't see when I'm wearing them. I know I have missed all kinds of sneakiness in my classroom the past 2 weeks because I've been wearing my freaking glasses.
3. Ironing. I hate to iron. I sometimes wear the same things every week because they do not require ironing. I'm going to have to iron what I'm wearing to work tomorrow in a minute. Ugh.
4. The guy who lives behind us and guns his motorcycle at all hours but then does not ride it anywhere. Also, the dude who lives across the street from us and parks his big dumb truck right in front of our driveway. David backed into it once and you would think that would have taught him a lesson. But, no. Slow learner, apparently.
5. The fact that Cousy has to go out a hundred times between when I get home at 4 and when I go to bed around 10. I know he's going out all those times because he thinks he's going to get a bone when he comes in. He is so manipulative!Also, his water bowl is ALWAYS empty and he stands in the kitchen and licks it dry like he's parched to death. He also licks his feet forEVER at night. That annoys me too.

That is all about what I don't like. I watched "Welcome to the Dollhouse" tonight. Ugh. I do not miss being in 7th grade one teeny bit. That girl in the movie *might* have been a bigger loser than me, but I'm not sure. I did not throw myself at Meredith's brother's friends but there were quite a number of scary similarities. I also do not think I said (or heard) the F word that many times in 7th grade either. Finally, what was with the end? Why did it end that way? I found that to be unsatisfactory.

I'm going to bed now. After I iron, of course.

1 comment:

Jon said...

I like the high five concept that you have nurtured and groomed. You are my favorite blogger to copy, mainly because I only read yours!