Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Wireless, baby

Let me tell you how happy I am. I am so happy I could just about explode. Because guess that I'm doing! I'm sitting on my couch, ON THE INTERNET, on my new laptop. We now have a wireless connection in our house for my internet pleasure. Wow, that sounded nasty. I am a total fan of Mac products now. I will praise them to the sky and back! It doesn't take much to get me excited.

Yikers, the rumors on RQ are all pointing to a referral for us this month. EEK. Now that's it's getting close, I'm getting kind of scared. I spent some time in Maggie's room yesterday, AFTER I discovered that stupid Katie had been sleeping in the drawer under her crib getting her stupid fur all over all the sheets in there. I pulled out all of the medications and other stuff that we've bought to use, if necessary, in China and I got a little nervous. What if I don't know what's wrong? What if I give her the wrong kind of medicine? What if I don't have the kind of medicine that she needs?

And another thing, which is going to sound totally stupid especially after my Honesty post, but I'm a little bit hesitant about our days as a couple coming to an end. After almost 7 years of marriage, we've gotten very comfortable with each other and with our routines. Last Saturday, David and I spent the day together and we had such a good time. We went to a graduation party for one of his students and then went shopping. We decided to go to a 10:00 show of "The Breakfast Club" so we went out to dinner and then to Barnes and Noble to kill time until the movie. I know those days will be coming to an end and to be honest, it makes me a little bit sad. David and I have had more fun times than not fun times since we got married. Also, I really hate it when I talk about reading or taking naps or going to the gym, and people are like, "You're not going to be able to do that much longer." I realize I have no children yet but surely, surely, my life is not going to END the moment we get Maggie. Maybe I'm just being stupid.

Summer vacation rules. By Wednesday at school, I had NOTHING left to do. Krystil, Laura, Anne and I left at 11:30 and went to lunch. Then Krystil, Laura and I went to see "Silent Hill" at the dollar theater, which was the dumbest movie known to man. The best part was the beginning when Laura was scared and wanted to leave and Krystil dropped her bag of Skittles all over the floor. Kimberly and I were discussing why things that are usually not very funny become hilarious when you are in a darkened movie theater. Currently, I am in my pajamas, typing this. I watched 2 episodes of "Felicity." I am debating going to the gym. We are having flank steak with blue cheese biscuits tonight. YUM YUM YUM!

That is all.

No comments: