Waiting for TA and other stuff
Grr. Blogger just lost this entire post that I was working on. I'm glad it wasn't very long NOR very interesting. Okay, so here's the deal. Once you get your referral, everything is all hearts and sunshines and flowers for a few days. Then you settle in for another wait--this time for Travel Approval. That's your invitation to come to China to adopt your child. The referral acceptance must be returned to the adoption agency (ours was returned the day we got it!) and then it is sent to China. Then you wait for TA. Your visit to China must also include a visit to the American Consulate so that must match up with the time you are scheduled to be in China. Maggie is in Guangdong province which is where Guangzhou is.
Okay, now it's 2 days later because I did not feel like updating this thing. We still don't have TA but according to the Rumor Queen, we should hear on Monday. We shall see. I'm not getting excited about that yet.
Maggie has successfully been put on the waiting list for our chosen day care. Let me tell you, that day care obviously is doing something right, because the 2 times I've been there, it's been naptime and I've gone in the 12-16 month room and talked (loudly) with the director and those kids DO NOT BUDGE. Nice. Also, David went out all on his own and found a pedicatrician for Maggie. Whoo! So, that's 2 more things off my list.
We're at my mom and dad's until Wednesday. The drive down here was horrendous, mainly due to rush hour traffic in Atlanta. Because we always leave at inopportune times and hit Atlanta at about 4:30 on a Friday afternoon. I am also saddened to realize that I don't think I can read in the car anymore. Gah! I think I might need to take some Dramamine to China because what if I get plane-sick. I cannot ride on an airplane for 14 hours and not read a little bit. In other news, we stopped in Chesnee and ate lunch at Zaxby's. I do not understand why Monroe does not have a Zaxby's. That place rules. There was a Bruster's right next door so I wanted ice cream after lunch. We walked over there and there was ONE person working. There was an explorer at the drive thru with apparently 18 people in it who all ordered fancy junk and we had to wait forever. Then the employee brought me my Birthday Cake ice cream cone that was about the size of a baby's head and in the oppressive 100 degree SC heat, it started melting immediately. I had to stand outside the car, like a 5 year old, and eat my ice cream as fast as I could. The ice cream was running down my arm. UGH! The stickiness. It was way nasty. But delicious.
Then we got here and all was well. My mommy had made a zucchini cake for me. Well, probably not just for me, but I bet I could eat that whole thing in a day if I sat down and worked on it. I love to come to my mom and dad's because not only do I get to see them (heh), I also get to eat yummy food!
Last night, I was not tired because I had coffee after dinner so I stayed up really late reading. David was snoring away so I poked him a few times and he woke up and looked daggers at me. I said, "You were snoring."
"No I wasn't."
"Yes, you were."
"NO, I wasn't."
David turned over in a huff and I asked, "Are you mad?"
"Good night, Allison."
Bwa! I died laughing. Then I propped my book on his back and continued reading.
That is all. I will update with TA info when I get it!
WHEW. This is a hideous picture of me that I found on this computer.
2 comments:
Nice photo! Bwah! I have everything crossed for you to receive your travel authorization tomorrow.
Btw, I can't read in cars at all anymore because I get so ill from it, but I have no trouble on planes. I only think I got motion sick once on a flight, and that was in a small plane going over the mountains in Colorado. It was VERY bumpy and basically everyone on board was puking. Fun!
Have fun in LG!
I'd email you but I can't find a link to do so. Drop by the blog and pop me an email if you get a chance...oh, yeah, it's me, Karen, from GwenBlog.
(Email link is on the blog.)
~Karen
Post a Comment