Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Maggie Malady is the cutest baby in the world

Well, we are still waiting for our TA! No news here but they seem to be trickling in slowly. Maggie scored her "getting off the plane" outfit and it is CUTE! Sorry, I'm not telling what it is until we get back from China. We've been researching flights to China. Continental seems to be the way to go, monetarily. I have no idea if that's a good airline, etc.

While we have been visiting here in LG, we have been rather busy. Mom and I have dilly-dallied all over town. We went to the Lazy Daisy (cute baby clothes), the Plaid Rabbit (even cuter baby clothes), the mall (ugh), the grocery store and of course, Bruster's. We kidnapped Pam one night and MADE her come get ice cream with us. Birthday Caaaaaaaake ice cream is so yummy. I LOVE IT. Mayfield Birthday Cake ice cream is sub-par. The Bruster's kind has pieces of icing in it. ICING.

I emailed my boss today to let her know that of course, we still know nothing and she was extremely nice about everything being rather up in the air. She would like to have the same sub the entire time I'm gone. I would too. I'm a little anal about my classroom and I really do not like other people in there. Except for my students, of course. But sometimes I don't want them in there either. I am also MAJORLY saddened that Krystil and I are not on the same team this year! What is up with that? Oh well, I guess I will drag my sorry self over to my school next week and put my classroom together. You know, motivational posters, "Don't like my teaching? Call 1-800-YOU-FAIL," that kind of stuff. I am planning on working during the workdays unless we are not here.

We went to IKEA yesterday. Maggie got a little baby bathtub that I bet will be fun for cats to lay in. Sans water of course, since Louie acts like water is actually acid. She also got a laundry basket. Our choices were white or black. Woo!

Well, I need to go down my wine before Mom gets home and makes me cook dinner! What a nice daughter. haha.

Updated to add: conversation at lunch today

Mom, nagging Dad
Me: Dad, do you ever wish Mom had an 8-5 job?
Dad: I wish she worked overseas.

BWA! Dad cried from laughing after he said that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOUR DAD. We love him.

Do I get to see the getting off the plane outfit this weekend?? HMMM? I better.

I like Continental. The service is better than any US airline, in my esteemed opinion. They certainly beat Northwest. Northwest is butt.

Anonymous said...

We flew continental to Romania when we adopted our first daughter 9 years ago. It was great! We used northwest to china last year for our third daughter last year. They have half off adoption fares and we got a free seat for our daughter both ways!
Laura