We are on for the 24th
We received our TA email on Friday afternoon, letting us know that we are almost good to go. We are to tentatively travel on the 24th. We do not have our consulate appointment yet but hope to hear soon. They are trying to get our CA on either September 6 or 7, meaning we will return on September 8 or 9. No word yet on the extended stay for families adopting children from Guangdong province, so we shall see. So, in essence, we still don't know much.
Meredith came to visit for the weekend. We had a lot of fun eating, talking, shopping, looking at pictures and old letters, going to Target and laughing. I think she and her husband need to move here. Right now. We would have some fun. We probably should not go to Target together though as we are both shopping enablers.
"I think I might need this."
"Yeah, I think you do too."
We also got some cool Girl Scout inspired t shirts at Urban Outfitters. It's so weird how we NEVER talk on the phone. EVER. We email constantly throughout the day and yet when we get together, it's like no time has passed. Kinda nice, though.
This week I don't think I am going to do much. Since we will probably leave on the 24th, I'm going to go ahead and work as many of the workdays as I can before school starts. School starts on the 25th, so WOO HOO for me! As I will be at school next week for workdays, I'm just going to set up my classroom then.
This weekend we went to Noble's Restaurant for Meredith's birthday. Holy crap. It was so so so so good. I had lamb and Meredith ordered a side of these grits that RULED. I could have eaten a cauldron of that stuff. We had a good time.
This update has been boring. I don't feel witty today.
4 comments:
God, I had fun this weekend. I love how we can do nothing and it's a blast. I will be laughing over the Lame Crane for a LONG time.
I guess it is kind of weird that we don't talk on the phone. I am kind of not a phone person. Email = good. But it really is like NO time has passed when we see each other! Yay.
That filet. OH MY GOD. I am going to dream about it.
Phone=yuck.
Email=good.
Allison! Thanks for visiting my blog. Congratulations on your new daughter and I hope you are blogging the trip so I can follow along. She is just beautiful!
Yo, I want to see you and Meredith together, sounds like a train wreck full of fun. I am excited about Maggie, Manders and I want to be there when you guys get back! So exciting!!!!
Post a Comment