Wednesday, August 30, 2006

One last post!

Look at the counter! Look at the counter! It's almost time for us to go!!!! Yikes. Kinda scary. My first day of maternity leave has been rather peaceful. While I was running around this morning, I thought, this is probably the last time I run errands by myself for a LONG time! My last day of school yesterday was a little bit harder than I thought it was going to be. I felt like I was just starting to get to know the kids yesterday. I DO know all their names so hopefully I will remember them in November. I stayed so late yesterday trying to get everything in order for the long term sub. It was a lot harder for me to relinquish my classroom to someone else than I thought it would be. Plus, I wanted to make sure that I had done as much as possible so the other teachers wouldn't be forced to pick up my slack.

Today I still have to take Cousy to David's dad's, photocopy our dossier and some other stuff and meet a couple of my co-workers for coffee. Oh man, I still have to do laundry too! And pack for us! You know how you wear all your bummy clothes the day before you go on vacation so they won't be dirty? I look like super slob today. I'm sure the people at the bank and post office were impressed.

David and I have season 4 of Buffy packed plus a couple of movies in case we have some down time. With as long as we are staying in Guangzhou, I bet we will have some down time. I guess that's all from this blog for now. I will return to posting here when we get home. Remember, missmaggieinchina.blogspot.com (for mom) OR China Trip Journal
You can email me at AllisonLC@aol.com or David at dsmalady@excite.com.

See you on the other side!

1 comment:

Jon said...

God Speed..... and then there was three!!!