Thursday, August 10, 2006

We are NOT on for the 24th. Great.

I just got the email regarding our concrete travel plans. The soonest consulate appointment that AWAA could get us was on September 14. So now we don't leave until August 31. I am so disappointed. This entire adoption has dragged out eternally. I am assuming we will get the babies on Monday, September 4. That is two years to the DAY that we started the adoption process. I know it will be worth it when we get Maggie, blah blah blah, but I kind of had it in my head that we were going to leave 2 weeks from today and now it's going to be another week of waiting.

School starts on Friday the 25th so I guess I will start the school year and then a week later, be like, "Okay, kids! It's been fun! Be good! I'll see you in November!" How stupid. So since I will be working all the workdays and such, there is no point in me going up to school until next week when I'll be getting paid for being there.

We will return on Saturday, September 16. Of course, tentatively. Because who the hell really knows when anything is going to happen?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well. Poop. You'd think at least one of the steps in this process would have come out in your favor. But no.

At least being back at school will help the time go a little faster? Maybe?

Jon said...

I didn't know they made strands of red thread that were two years long. That sucks, at least you have dates, that is more than what you had a few months ago!!! Love the new theme for the site. Still no link to my blog... hmmm

Anonymous said...

we are all trying to stay calm, but this is nervewracking