Write this down. Commit it to memory.
Our blog address for while we are in China is DIFFERENT than this one. I will not be posting on here. There are a lot of people who will have access to our blog while we are gone and I don't want them reading my complaints about being infertile and blah blah blah.
So, anyway. The site is Journey to Maggie
It took me forever to find an address that hadn't already been taken. I've written a little bit over there but not much and I put some of the referral archived posts over there as well for people who haven't read them.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
I found this on another blog and my mom told me I needed to update. I couldn't think of anything to write about so I thought I would do this instead. I don't get the other part so I left it off. So, with that, here are 13 reasons why I am NOT COOL.
1. I listen to the Backstreet Boys and 'Nsync. I know it's lame but I really like their songs! They make me so happy! I listen to them when I don't want to go to work in the morning.
2. I own seasons 2 and 3 of "Full House" on DVD. Also lame but that show makes me happy. Plus I love to look at DJ's huge 80's hair and outfits and remember how JEALOUS I was of her clothes.
3. I love to buy school supplies, like cool pens, notepads, Expo markers, Sharpies and colored index cards. That is a good reason to be a teacher. You get to buy all kinds of cool stuff and actually use it! Red is not very fun to grade with. I prefer hot pink, purple, orange, lime green and turquoise.
4. I LOVE to read adolescent literature. Another good reason to be a teacher. Sometimes I would rather read kid books than grown up books. They all seem to have the same theme. Depressed teenage girl has a boyfriend or wants a boyfriend. Something bad happens. She has an awakening of some sort. They're still good, though.
5. I spy on our neighbors. They put up this gigantic outdoor fireplace that looks like a crematory. They sit outside on nice weekend nights and talk SO LOUDLY. David and I call their gatherings "hootenannies." Sometimes I open our bedroom window so I can listen to what they're talking about. Usually it's nothing good but still kind of fun. Until I'm ready to go to sleep and they are still screeching and talking.
6. There is this dude in our neighborhood who walks his stupid dog all the time and WILL NOT wave at anybody. I always about break my wrist waving at him but he won't ever wave back! I wonder what he's thinking because he always looks right at me. He probably thinks I'm crazy.
7. My ringtone on my phone is the theme to "Sanford and Son." Sometimes it really gets on my nerves because it's so loud but I usually like it. People sometimes look at me like I'm crazy when it rings.
8. I listen to Christmas music when it's not Christmas time. I love Mannheim Steamroller and Point of Grace's Christmas album. It is fun to belt out Christmas tunes with Point of Grace. Oh, and Amy Grant.
9. I make up songs about my cats. Well, David does too, so it's not just me. One time we made up all these songs about Fancy Feast to the tune of Christmas carols. I think that was back when we were REALLY poor and had nothing better to do except burn David's master's thesis in the fireplace. Which he really did. AFTER he got his master's.
10. I have this gigantic pencil collection on my desk at home. My mom started bringing me pencils a really long time ago when she went on vacation. I still buy pencils when I go places and my mom still brings me pencils as well. Most of them are not sharpened and will probably never be used. David thinks that's a really dumb collection.
11. I have pictures of Louie and Cousy on the wall in my classroom. I just love my kitty SO much! Actually, I have multiple pictures of Louie up, including a FRAMED one. How dumb. I don't have any pictures of Katie up because I don't want to print pictures of her at home and waste my printer ink. Plus, I'm kind of over taking pictures of the pets. Mostly.
12. I LOVE "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." We own seasons 1-3 on DVD and I am busily trying to watch them before we leave. That show is so good. "Becoming pt. 1 and 2" is some fine television. I cried the first time I saw it.
13. I think the #1 reason why I am not cool is that I had kind of a hard time coming up with 13 reasons I'm not cool. I must think I'm SUPER cool. Right.
Here's the 13th reason I'm not cool. I have a T shirt with a ladybug on it that says "I'm the lucky one." That's why I'm not a member of any cool China adoption webrings. Oh well for me!
I was going to take pictures of gifts Maggie has received the past week or so but I don't feel like getting the camera out. Maggie has gotten 2 books from Carrie and George, a quilt made by mom's friend, Dolly, and blocks and a teddy bear from Aunt Andrea and Uncle Ed. Maggie also got a very generous gift from her great-grandma. Y'all are the best.
I need to go list some more junk on ebay. Woo hoo!
2 comments:
I love school supplies..I think they smell good.
This list rocks.
I love me some school supplies. I think I really should have been a teacher. Gah!
I also listen to Backstreet Boys and 'NSYNC. They're just so...peppy! You can't be down while listening to "Dirty Pop."
Post a Comment