Finally! An update!
It is rather difficult to be posting on this thing when there is a baby constantly crawling all over you. Plus, I have season 2 of "Lost" to catch up on before the premiere on Wednesday. And I am TOTALLY leaving choir early on Wednesday so I can make it home in time. Even if we are singing Christmas music, which is the rumor. Also, I only have 2 lame pictures to put on here because the camera batteries died this week and even though Maggie and I went to Target 3 times, I think, I never remembered to buy batteries. I did, however, remember to buy lightbulbs since we have been getting by on about 2 lightbulbs in the entire house. You know, just carry them around and put them in the lamp as needed.
Alright, so my first week of stay at home motherdom. It was pretty good. We are finally getting on a schedule. Maggie has gotten very good about feeding herself. I usually give her some food to try out and then I give her a jar of baby food and a bottle. She ought to be a hoss by now but she seems to be the same peanut that she was when we got her. The other night (I admit, I was reading while she was eating dinner), I watched her systematically smush every pea on her highchair tray and then delicately place one behind her ear. For later, I assume. She was dismayed when it fell down.
Maggie and I have been taking a walk every morning in the jogging stroller. Well, I push it. I WISH I was riding in it but alas. She gets to fall asleep while I huff around the neighborhood. It's very peaceful though. Also, we left a little late on Thursday morning so we were hustling, trying to keep ahead of the recycling truck so we could check out everybody's trash. I can also catch up on my phone conversations while we are walking. When we get home is when the fun starts. My attempts to take a shower have not been going well. Day 1: put her in the packn play. Much screaming. Day 2: put her on the floor of the bathroom. Much screaming. Day 3: Try to carefully (unsuccessfully) move her from the stroller to the crib while she sleeps. Much screaming. Day 4: Trap her in the highchair with a graham cracker. SUCCESS! I must be a slow learner. Also. Naptime? I frigging hate naptime. It was blissful for about 1 day and then she decided that she was going to SCREAM if we even entered her room after lunch. Me sitting down in the rocker and playing the Chinese lullaby CD is her signal to scream bloody murder. I think that I now understand what the orphanage meant when they said she was strong minded. Crying it out is not really an option because she WILL NOT go to sleep. I tried that a couple of days and after having to change her shirt because it was soaked with tears, I caved and now she just sleeps on top of me while I watch TV. There's my excuse for why the house is a wreck though. I am able to perform the "Hug and Roll" (courtesy of Ross from "Friends") and move her over to the sofa since she is a sweat machine while sleeping.
Finally, I am going to invent a line of toys for babies that come in the colors of black and gray. Because the only toys Maggie is interested in are the remotes, the DVD player and my cell phone. There are about a billion toys in the den but the remotes are about all she wants to play with.
Today is the first day that David has been home so I am letting him be in charge of Maggie all day long! Yay! Right now they are cleaning up the house. (my housekeeping skillz are not at their best right now). Today will be her first visit to church. Well, she went on Wednesday night to meet the choir members but didn't stay long. I told David he could pick whether she went to the nursery or sat in church with him as I will be up in the choir loft. He said he thought she would sit in church with him.
Yesterday, Maggie and I spent the day at David's mom's. I really think Maggie is much happier and more relaxed when there are more people around. I think the reason she gets so fussy during the week is because if I walk away, she knows no one else is there. If I'm gone, then she's alone and she does not support that idea. We had a lot of fun and ReRe and I were even able to watch a movie while Maggie slept on me. Earlier in the week, we met David's dad at the mall for lunch. Also very fun and Maggie was GREAT. She is such a flirt out in public with the waving and smiling.
This week is going to be busy! Tomorrow we are going to my work to visit and to lunch. Tuesday, Maggie and I will be attending the meeting of the National Art Honor Society at Qdoba. Perhaps we will go over to that shopping center early to look around. Wednesday is the premiere of "Lost." Really, there is nothing else to think about on that day. And then Thursday my mom and grandma are coming! Hooray! We are going to Southpark on Friday with them. We will shove Grandma in a wheelchair and she can hold Maggie. Then, Mom and I will pile our purchases in the stroller.
This picture is not great but all I can say is, thank goodness the camera was not any lower because then you all would know a little more about Louie than you cared to.
All clean! Maggie definitely knows what the camera is for, I can assure you!
2 comments:
Yay! News! I was getting worried.
You should bring Maggie up to New York. There are always plenty of people around -- you could just roll her on out to the park or a coffee shop and she'll nap like a champ!
I like how you're going to "shove" Grandma into a wheelchair. Awesome.
I am off Wednesday, if you got some time, I could come hang out, maybe I could watch HER while you shower in peace. Hit me back!
Post a Comment