Inside good. Outside bad.
Today, Pap Pap and Grammy came over for the day. We had a lot of fun. They took us out to lunch, where Maggie put on a show, as usual. She turned all the way around in her high chair so she could spy on all the other customers. She is SO nosy. She always has to know what's going on with everyone else. She has 1 bottle of formula left and then she's on to only milk! She drank her milk at lunch today out of a sippy cup and did a pretty good job. I found one that has kind of a straw/nipple on it and she seemed to know what to do. I think she would prefer if the cup would levitate in front of her so she wouldn't have to hold it. I bought this little placemat with suction cups on it to put on the table when we go out to eat. That way the food will be smeared all over it instead of all over the restaurant table. Which just reminded me that said placemat is still in her diaper bag, rolled up, with cheese residue and gravy and potato inside. BLEAH. I need to remember to get that out before I go to bed.
First, here are a few pictures of Maggie, drinking out of a sippy cup, in her preferred position, playing with her preferred toy, a calculator. She is going to be out of luck if she ends up liking math. I hate when my students ask me for help with their math. I'm always like, "Isn't there somebody in here who's in your class?" I can usually handle the remedial math questions. The students love it when they find out that I failed pre-algebra in the 7th grade. And yes, I even went to college and got a job after THAT tragedy.


Barb and I organized all of Maggie's clothes because I was having to pull every item out of her dresser every day in order to find something for her to wear. We also put a bunch of clothes away for Kimberly, my friend who is also adopting, because they will be too small for Maggie next summer! BOO HOO!!! I was sad to see some of those go. Rege watched Maggie, aka watching "Star Wars" and falling asleep. In all fairness, Maggie was snoozing on our bed. Maggie has a TON of clothes. I want to buy her more!! It's way more fun to buy baby clothes than to buy big ol' momma clothes. When Maggie woke up, she helped by ripping all of the clothes out of the bags for Kimberly, getting in the drawers we had pulled out of her dresser and wearing hats that I insisted on putting on her head. Maggie got some Celtic lullaby CD's from Pap and Grammy also. Woo hoo! I stuck one in the CD player tonight and about fell asleep while I was rocking Maggie.
After they left, I decided that Maggie and I needed to go sit on a blanket in the front yard. Maggie is NOT a fan of grass. I laid her down on the blanket so her neck and head were touching the grass and a look of horror passed over her face. I had to try not to laugh. A leaf blew onto the blanket and Maggie kept looking at it like it was a horrific bug or something. I rubbed it on her arm which she did not like but when I tickled her face with it, she totally got chills. The fear of grass is a little bit nice though because I put the camera and my cell phone in the yard and she didn't go near them!
Ooh, outside! Nice!
I can handle this! I'm a big girl! I'm tough!
Whoops, Mommy pushed it too far.
Then we had some fun with the camera because I am a nerd.



AGH! Look how white my face is! Look how big it is! I wish I had nice brown skin instead of the pasty white thing I have going on. Those are some scary wide faced pictures of me.
And finally, Maggie decided maybe outside wasn't so bad. 
"Sanford and Son" is on so I think I need to go to bed. This theme song used to be the ringtone on my cell phone. Then it was "SexyBack" by JT. I got embarrassed when my phone rang when the Early Intervention people were here and that played. So now I have moved on to some stupid techno sounding thing. But far less embarrassing.
4 comments:
I love the self-portraits. Your face is NOT wide, and you have lovely alabaster skin (like me!). We will look smooth and young when we get older, while others will wither with sun damage. BWAH HA HA.
She wishes the sippy cup would levitate. Hee.
I'm still smiling! She gets even more animated with each picture! Mary Anders was the same way about grass. . . it creeped her out! One day, Maggie will be lying on the grass outside her some fine institute of higher learning, skipping class, of course, with a diet coke in one hand, some kind-of cheap, carb-filled food in the other, laughing with her friends. Then, she will really love it! Keep 'em coming! :) Jane
What is it about those goofy self-portraits? I love them! She's a cutie!
L
I am loving the self portraits. I need to do some of those...
Post a Comment