When you nap until almost 5 PM...
this is what you look like at 10 PM.



Note the bags under the eyes in the last picture.
Y'all. This having Maggie nap in our bed is not a problem. Me lying down with her while she falls asleep is not a problem. Me falling asleep EVERY SINGLE DAY is a problem. Today I laid there all smug thinking about all the stuff I was going to do while Maggie slept. The next time I looked at the clock, it was 3:15.
I am teaching Maggie to be a lady of leisure because we napped from 8:30-ELEVEN yesterday. Are we losers or what? I can't wait until Maggie is older and our family activity can consist of a good Sunday afternoon nap. I took Maggie to Babies R Us and the mall in the afternoon to keep her awake. She did a pretty good job except for in the car where she pooped out. I also pinched my finger in the clip on Maggie's stroller and about cried it hurt so bad.
I need some ideas for some stuff Maggie can eat besides baby food. I am such a lazy slug and don't ever want to fix something but I also enjoy the self-feeding. Today I gave her cheese, peas, pears and I let her try milk out of a sippy cup. That sippy cup was DISGUSTING when she got done because she likes to smear food all over her high chair tray while dining. I had to wrap it in a paper towel to get the lid off of it because it was so slimy. How sick.
Here Maggie is sitting in her new rocker. Yes, she is playing with a tub of eczema balm. Because she has no toys, you know.
Also, her PJs are the kind where the shirt snaps to the pants! How cute! I used to wear pajamas like that when I was a kid. Well, Cousy is currently polluting the area where I am blogging so I think I shall escape. Oh yeah, someone on one of my AWAA groups said that she had to dry off from her shower using a hand towel because their laundry was so behind. I'm about to be in that same dire situation if I don't wash clothes soon. Tonight I changed our sheets for the first time since BEFORE we went to China. Is that digusting or what?
5 comments:
This months Parents magazine has a great section on finger foods. I ripped it as a keeper (not sure where I put it, tho!) bc I'm also always trying to figure out what to feed our 14 month old - after sampling "real" food he won't touch a bite of baby food. Check it out - love that magazine!
I can't even imagine being introduced to motherhood smack in the middle of the toddlerhood phase! Kudos to YOU!! It's so exciting seeing how things are going for your darling family.
DANGER. DANGER. Cuteness overload!!
She looks a little drunk in those first photos. Maybe Maggie is a night owl. She knows things don't start getting good until 10PM!
Welcome to motherhood. Seriously enjoy the fact that she is smearing food everywhere (wait until Spaghetti night) because just a few years from now she will be waving at you going to school!
She is ADORABLE!!! This is what motherhood is all about...
Post a Comment