Spooooooooky
Tonight, in lieu of taking Maggie to the Haunted Garage, we went and visited local family. It was fun and Maggie was a remarkably good sport about being taken in and out of her carseat 4 different times. She got some good candy. Aunt Linda stuffed her pumpkin full of Almond Joys because those are my favorite. I mean, Maggie's favorite. See pictures on Flickr. I do not understand what the posting pictures problem is here but I have about had it. It is cramping my captioning style.
Tomorrow David is going to take Maggie to XC practice and I shall have a blissful afternoon alone. Well, we shall see how that goes. I most certainly do not need to go to Target for the 80 billionth time. I think being a stay at home mom may not be for me. Yes, it is fun to not have to go to work and I enjoy the morning walks but I might send us to the poorhouse if I'm at home for much longer. Speaking of going back to work, it's looming on the horizon. I've been really up in the air about sending Maggie to daycare. But I called the daycare today and they do have a spot for her and I felt much better. I have to go pick up some paperwork so I'm going to take Maggie with me so she can check it out.
Thursday I have to go to school and run the first NAL meeting of the year. Thank the dear Lord I am not coaching that this year but I told the 2 teachers who ARE coaching it that I would do the first meeting. Maggie is going to stay with one of my teacher friends while I'm doing that. Then Friday, we are going shopping with Kimberly because she's taking the day off. WOO HOO. Saturday we are going to the State XC meet. Maggie has a teeny Weddington shirt to wear. I think it's going to be cold so I can't wait to be changing diapers in a stroller with the cold air lashing at her nether regions. Then XC will be over and David can come home at a normal hour and cook me dinner. Just kidding. Sort of.
Well, I was disappointed to find out that our neighbors had dismantled the entire graveyard when we got home from trick or treating tonight. I was going to take a picture of it and post it for all you readers. We also did not sit in the driveway because we got home too late. Darnit. Maggie fell asleep on the way home, woke up enough to cry when she realized it was not MOMMY changing her clothes and then fell asleep again in about 1 second flat. Maybe we will get to sleep in tomorrow! That's an exciting prospect.
Oh, and finally, one more example of Maggie's extreme intelligence. I was totally copying The Naked Ovary's Animal-Henge earlier today and Maggie was playing with this Asian baby doll that she has. Well, playing with it by flinging it around by one hand. Anyway, she was pointing to the baby's eyes, ears, nose, etc and I was repeating what they were over and over and then pointing to hers and mine as well. She pointed to the baby's eyes and I said, "Eye. Eye. Eye. Eye." about a hundred times. Then she looked up at me and pointed at MY eye. My baby is so smart. Gosh, I love her.
Oh yeah, David and I also do this thing with the cats (well, Louie since Katie will not let us touch her) that we call "punishing with love." It involves holding the cat very closely and snuggling and exclaiming how much you love him. Louie is actually pretty cool with it but when Tony was still alive, he was not really a fan. He tolerated it. Leslie's cat, Zoe, does NOT like being punished with love. Neither do Kimberly's cats. Maggie, apparently, does not like it either.
1 comment:
Ah, cleaning the nether regions in the cold! HA! Love the pics. Target is quite the known evil of the stay at home world! The only saving grace for me is that our Target does NOT have Starbucks. If it did, they'd just have to put up a sign for my parking spot! You have my sympathy. Maizy HATES being punished with love. I do it anyway! Jane
Post a Comment