Sunday, November 19, 2006

Blah.

Well, it's here. Time for me to go back to work and send my baby off to be taken care of by someone else. Her diapers and wipes are packed, her name is in her spare outfits and her blankie with the frog head (that sounds scary) that she likes to nap with is ready to go to school. I remember the first few days I was at home, I couldn't wait to go back to work. The hours just dragged and I didn't know what to do with Maggie all day. Now, we have learned to occupy ourselves quite well and have a nice routine. And that routine is going to be totally changed tomorrow. And she doesn't even know what's coming. I tried to tell her tonight when I was putting her to bed, but I don't think she understood me. It seems so stupid that we waited so long and spent so much money and went through a fair amount of heartache and I don't even get to stay home with my daughter. I am sad. And we'll just leave it at that.

In other news, SOMEONE pooped on our bed yesterday. Nice. That did not please me. Kimberly and I went to this big Christmas show here yesterday. We were pretty much saturated with Christmas by the time we left and we were extremely tired. I scored a tacky Christmas bracelet and some snowflake earrings. David thinks my bracelet is atrocious but I like it. Maggie also liked it and stole it off my arm almost immediately. Kimberly and I also purchased what we really went to the Christmas show for: strudel and candied almonds. I had Kimberly drop me off at David's mom's because they were all over there. We had breakfast for dinner and YUM YUM! I love breakfast for dinner. Today Maggie went to the nursery while we were at church. She seemed to be relatively unconcerned about the entire situation so that makes me feel better. She hollered when I held her and then gave her back to David so I could take my choir robe off. She is being baptized next Sunday. I hope she will cooperate with the minister.

Friday, I went in to work to kind of organize my classroom and check things out but they had switched the schedule around, which I did not know, so I rolled in there with NO makeup on and looking nice, let me tell you. I didn't really get to do as much as I wanted but I threw a whole bunch of CRAP away, like notes from the first week of school and the bell schedule for the first 5 days of school. I found out on Friday that the whole 7th grade is doing a 2 day unit tomorrow and Tuesday so I don't have to write lesson plans. WOO! Also, we did this unit last year so I know what we are doing. And it involves watching "The Day After Tomorrow" with the luscious Jake Gyllenhaal. Yippee! A movie on my first day back. And then on the Monday after Thanksgiving, I am going to come down like a sledgehammer because I did not like what I saw in my room on Friday. Heh. I have to plan ahead to be a butthole because it is not really my favorite thing to do. I have a bunch of punks this year.

Maggie is going to hang out with David's mom on Wednesday morning while David goes to work for a 1/2 day and I clean up our hovel. I have this grand plan about placecards for Thanksgiving but I am not going to divulge it here because I might not feel like doing it. All I'm going to say is that it involves whole cloves. Also, I must ask why we ever bought Maggie one single toy because SHE DOES NOT PLAY WITH THEM. I told her this morning while she was playing with a hanger that I couldn't wait for her to go to daycare so she had nothing to play with BUT toys. David thinks she'll play with a chair or something.

Well, I am going to go kick David off the TV because he cannot hog both the laptop AND the television. That is not fair. And I need to watch some more "Gilmore Girls."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She'll play with a chair. HA!

Aw. You'll get into a new routine with work, and you and Maggie will get to miss each other a little during the day and it'll be fine. She'll be stronger for it, and you won't be a tearing-your-hair-out mom at home all the time. Not that you were now, but you know, eventually maybe.

But I'm sure it sucks right now, especially if you have a bunch of punks this year.

Anonymous said...

Jake Gyllenhaal- I could hardly be more jealous. Do you think he's done any movies in French? I could use a lesson plan for tomorrow. Email me and let me know how it goes on your first day back.
L

Anonymous said...

At least we know it wasn't Cousy
who did the dirty deed.

Anonymous said...

Happy second first day of school!!!