Update on the rash--ew
So, this morning when Maggie woke up (well, she woke up at 5:05 but I mysteriously did not hear her! Thank you, David), her rash looked so bad. It was all angry and red and everytime I pulled her shirt up when I was changing her diaper, she would rub her chest like it was itching.
Gross, I know. I didn't know what to do so first, I called my mom. Then, I called the doctor and they said to bring her in. Poor rashy baby.
Well, first, let me backtrack. Because Maggie had awakened at the crack of dawn, she had already eaten and pooped by the time I got up at 6:30. She readily agreed to play on the floor while I ate breakfast. I was a little surprised. She would only agree to these conditions, however, if the pantry door was left open. Look what she found!
Hey Mom, I found these fortune cookies and chopsticks in here! I'm going to play with them. I also found a potato. I'll play with that too.
Would you like a fortune cookie? It's only a little bit smashed.
Yeah, smashed into smithereens. Pantry fun ended when a box of pancake mix got dumped on the floor. Oh well. That pantry floor has been vacuumed more in the past 2 weeks than it has the entire time we have lived here.
I think that I might hate our cats. Well, really only Katie because I could never hate my baby, Louie. I did pop Louie today though for running all over the bed while Maggie was sleeping in it. Stupid Katie, who has already broken the Roman shade in our bedroom, stepped on my alarm clock while trying to get in the window and hit the sleep button which caused the radio to come on. UGH! This was while Maggie was sleeping, of course. There was a cat outside so Katie and Louie had to look menacingly out the window because they were going to GET that cat. If they could figure out how to open the door.
So, we went to the doctor where Maggie got weighed again, even though she had been weighed on Monday. The nurse tried to tell me that she weighed 11 pounds. Um. That would mean she had lost 6 pounds between today and Monday. I don't think so. The doctor is nice but good LORD, we have to wait a long time in the examination room. Maggie stripped down and proceeded to crawl all over the exam room (trying not to think about that) and got her hand all greasy from touching the gigantic screw on the doctor's stool. She got very upset while the doctor was listening to her heart. The doc said there was a white spot on her tonsils so he wanted to swab for strep but he said the rash was probably from either an allergic reaction to the eggs from the flu vaccine or from the baby wash I used yesterday. Maggie SCREAMED during the strep swab. Whew. I bet that white spot went running when she started yelling. It was negative so she got some Clarinex (free sample, woo hoo!) and has to take that for a week. Also, we will not be using the Aveeno baby wash anymore. That doctor's visit was extremely long to not really find much out. But I'm glad we went and I'm glad we went when we did because when we left there were about 50 kids in the waiting room.
Maggie promptly fell asleep in the car and as we were supposed to meet Kimberly, I didn't want to go home for 45 minutes. So we were forced to go to the mall. UGH. This is not the mall with Joseph-Beth. Nay. It is the mall with Sears, Penneys and a lot of random shoe stores. And a lot of empty store fronts. I usually have to take a nap after leaving the mall. Maggie slept very well even with me banging her around the world's teeniest bathroom and knocking a roll of paper towels on the floor next to her stroller.
Tonight Maggie fed herself lasagna and mashed potatoes with a fork and spoon. Talk about nasty. She did a pretty decent job but then had a meltdown at the end and we had to put her in the bed. I find it infuriating that there will be no new "Lost" episodes until FEBRUARY. What the heck?
Hit me.
I'll see your sippy cup and raise you 2 cloth diapers.
I don't want to play poker anymore. Let's read.
Forget reading, look what I've learned to do! I rule.
I am cute.
6 comments:
I love love love the footie PJ's. Maggie is such a little cutie!
Michelle
Austin, TX
adorable baby. beautiful eyes.
the doctor visit thing. I hate that too. If you don't take them you feel terrible, if you do take them, it's a virus and can't do antyhing about it but pay 85 dollars on the way out the door. Last time I was there is cost me 65 dollars and we were there only 20 minutes!
For some reason, the photo of her standing on the windowsill about made me head explode. SO CUTE!
Yes, you are cute!!
We were at the doctor's office today as well: loooong....Hope that rash clears up soon!
Love your blog and I agree with you. What the heck is up with lost?? Those upcoming 16 episodes do look good though....
You need the to send the photo of Maggie standing on the sil with Paula's table to Aunt Annie!! Sorry we missed you guys at Rege & Barbs, hope your trip was safe and fun, we'll see ya soon!
Post a Comment