More updatin'
First, let me say that I just went into Maggie's room and stole the CD out of her CD player. It's a Celtic Christmas lullaby CD that's all harp. I love it. Sometimes I would like to hang out in her room and listen to it but sadly, she is over being rocked. She beats her arms on us and sits up and is not remotely interested in some cuddle time. Oh well. She goes in her crib without a fuss at night but during the day, it's a different story.
The panicky first time mom called the doctor today. After Maggie's bath, I noticed she had this rash all over her belly and chest. I wasn't sure if it could have been a side effect from the flu shot and after some frantic Googling which resulted in exactly nothing except for a bunch of websites explaining why the flu shot is EVIL, I decided to call the doctor. Well, the triage nurse, to be exact, who did not answer the phone so I had to leave a message. When she called back, the nurse wanted to know if the rash looked more like a rash or hives. Um. I don't know. It looks like red bumps that weren't there earlier. Plus, she was asleep and I wasn't about to go wake her up so I could look at her stomach. The nurse wanted to know if I wanted to bring her in. I decided not to because what if it was just something stupid. Then about 6 hours later, I remembered that I had used some different baby wash this morning. So maybe that's it. But I find it crazy that Aveeno baby wash would break her out but the alcohol filled Johnson's and Johnson's stuff is all good. But this Aveeno sunscreen broke her face out in China too so who knows? It's too bad it broke her out because it sure did smell good. And she did not have the ashy problem she had been having the past few days. Her skin is DRY. I thought my skin was dry but hers is REALLY dry.
Then we went to David's dad's to play for a while because it rained all day and it was BORING around here. Plus my next season of "Gilmore Girls" had not arrived and I had nothing to watch. I did find myself watching "Barney" this morning. How low I've sunk. Perhaps it's time to go back to work after all. I tried to get Maggie to watch "The Little Mermaid" with me yesterday but she was mostly uninterested. She likes the singing and music but could do without the talking. She felt the same way about Barney. He does have some catchy tunes, I'll admit.
I went to school to meet with my long term sub today so I could begin the process of easing myself back into working. Maggie stayed with Grammy and PapPap. For the 500 millionth time, I need to GET OVER the day care thing. Get over it, Allison. Maggie is always fine when I leave her with family. Or with my friend Kathy. I get this pit in my stomach when I think about daycare. But then when I was at school, I was so consumed with SCHOOL, I didn't have time to think about Maggie a whole lot. I mean, I still thought about her but I was not obsessing over anything. The kids got report cards today so I got to hand them out because they came back to homeroom at the end of the day. I remembered about 90% of my students' names. I thought that was pretty good. It appears that my first block class is a bunch of birdbrains because their grades SUCKED. Oh well for them. Can't wait to start grading a bunch of failing papers. The good thing about being a teacher is that kids are so demanding of you that you don't really have time to be thinking about yourself. When we were doing all that fertility junk, it was sometimes a relief to go to work because the kids were so "ME ME ME, pay attention to ME" all the time that I didn't really have time to concentrate on how my body was failing me.
Then tonight we went to the NAHS meeting at Qdoba. I think I might hate Qdoba. It's sort of gross. It's not as gross as Salsarita's though. I hate that place. I got these sick quesadillas there one time which ruined Salsarita's for me forever. They were like cheese, grease, tortilla, grease. Nasty. Also, diet Coke, while delicious, leaves a gross taste in my mouth. I find that unpleasant. One summer, I think it was between 8th and 9th grade, I bet I brushed my teeth 10 times a day. Also, I think it rained every single stinking day that summer so I must have run out of things to do around the house. Butterfingers also leave a sick taste in my mouth which is too bad because they are yummy. I love Butterfingers. Barb gave me about a hundred today which is not acceptable. I am going to eat them all.
Tomorrow I don't know what we are going to do. Probably nothing. I'm going to the mall on Thursday because, well, because I want to. Maggie does too. She told me. I love cold weather. Flannel pj's are #1. I wish I could wear them to work. We are going to my mom and dad's on Friday and even though they live in SW Georgia, it's always about 50 below in their house so I think Maggie will be sleeping in her winter coat. And maybe a snowsuit. Just kidding, Mom. I might sleep in a snowsuit, however.
I'm on the desktop and there are no pictures on here. Plus I haven't taken any the past couple of days. Got to get better about that.
1 comment:
Oh, man. Now that you mention it, it WAS always FREEZING at your parents' house. And actually, it's always cold in the house when I go to visit mine, too. I always shiver when I get out of the shower. I would totally pack a snowsuit if I were you. You could catch your death!
Post a Comment