One full week down
We all survived our first full week of work and daycare. Yesterday when I got there to pick Maggie up, she was up in her teacher's face (as usual) and zipping and unzipping her jacket. Uh oh. My purse used to be safe sitting in the grocery buggy with her because she couldn't get into it and fling things about. Also, because she was busily playing with her teacher, she didn't see me come in. A little boy walked (staggered) over to me and wrapped his arms around my leg. I was talking to him and then suddenly. Maggie heard my voice and turned around. She pointed at that little boy like, "That's MY momma. HANDS OFF." Then she hurried over to me to get her hugs and kisses. It was so funny.
Last weekend after Maggie's baptism, she had received some presents so we spent some time opening them. She got, among other things, a Puma track suit. It is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. It's also too big--wah! I tried it on her this morning and I think she'd be walking out of the pants. She also received a teeny little silver baby ring. I tried it on her on Thursday night and she LOVED it. She got this look on her face like, "I'm just about the prettiest baby in the whole world." She was quite satisfied with herself. She also screamed bloody murder when I took it off her finger. She kept crying and sticking her pointer finger out so I would put it back on her. It was hilarious. That's really what she's looking at in the picture on the previous post where she appears to be contemplating her nails. I was scared that she would put it in her mouth but David doesn't think that's a concern because it's so little. Still. I don't want her eating a ring. She can't seem to get it off her finger though so that's good.
We are going to get our Christmas tree today and put it up. That requires a trip up into the attic. Ugh. I hate our attic. It just has a hatch instead of stairs up in the ceiling so you have to put up a stepladder and heave yourself up there. We sure do have a ton of junk up there though. I am going to get out our Christmas china too and perhaps the Snow Village but honestly, that is such a chore it gives me pause. Plus I hate when the styrofoam gets all over the place. I hate styrofoam. I finished our Christmas shopping today, I think. I LOVE the internet. It rules. I still need to go to Target to get one more thing. Kimberly and I were there last night so I wish I had just bought it then! Oh well. It's never a bad thing to go to Target.
Last night we ate dinner at Cookout which is this fast food place that grills all their hamburgers and stuff. Their footlong hot dogs are the bomb. I could eat them everyday. I love hot dogs. Anyway, we got Maggie a plain hamburger and I tore some of it for her and she did a pretty decent job eating it. Then she saw the other half of the burger sitting on the table and started making noises about wanting it. I thought I'd let her try it out.
See, I TOLD you I could do this.
Mmmm. Yum. So good.
It's kind of hard to chew with this much food in my mouth.
I'm going back to my carrots.
Now, David and Maggie have gone off to the park to run and I am going to go to the grocery store here in a minute. I'm making kielbasa soup for dinner. Oh, it is so YUMMY. It's finally gotten cold around here so soup will be the perfect meal.
In other news, I did not get paid on Thursday like I was supposed to and I was like, "Homemade gifts for all this Christmas!" But then I talked to the secretary and she called payroll and they were indeed supposed to pay me. Surprise of the century. They cut me a check but I had to go downtown to pick it up. Because they wouldn't direct deposit it or courier it to me. I swear, my school system is so dumb sometimes. Then I was going to get a new ID badge because mine broke so I went in the room to get my picture taken but NO ONE was in there. I tentatively called out, "Hello?" and this surly woman appeared over the top of a cubicle and was like, "YES?" Excuse me for disturbing you, lady. She told me that the guy who does badges had gone across the street and wouldn't be back for 15 minutes. ARGH. One time Lawyerish's mom told me "Incompetence is the pinnacle of annoyance." YES. YES IT IS. I had to get back to school so I left and talked on the phone all the way back to work. So I will be wearing my illegal ID badge a little longer because I try to avoid going downtown at all costs. I can never find anything and I usually just drive around looking for the right building. And finally, I sat in BBQ sauce at lunch yesterday.
3 comments:
I love how you saved the BBQ sauce for last.
Maggie is very possessive of her mama! Aw.
I could use some Cookout right about now.
If it can fit in a tube of toilet paper roll...it can choke a baby. PLEASE DO NOT LET HER WEAR IT WITHOUT PROPER SUPERVISION! Go with your great maternal instints and ignore his! GREAT JOB mom
Wow, you've had quite a week! I love that she's already possessive of you. You know you wouldn't have it any other way. I'm way jealous of the hot dogs- yum. What a little princess with a ring! SOME of us had to wait until we were 12! How times change! The older I get, the less patience I have for stupid & inconsiderate people. Hope your i.d. saga ends soon. :) Jane
Post a Comment